Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mega's Mum/9

Very disapointed
    She has had world class operation & care, everyone wants her back on her feet......except one person...HER!

Its a week + since the op & she is not getting off her ass, all-sorts of things WRONG with her.....etc.

They going to move her back to her local hospital for "Re-HAB" & hopfully she will NOT have her own room but be stuck on a ward with people she dislikes.....might get her to focus on getting back on her feet.

Mike

Re: Mega's Mum/9

Good luck with everything, sir.

Comment

I have an elderly mom Mega. She is almost 87. She gets along pretty well, but does not always do the right thing. She can be as stubborn as all get out. It goes along with her being her and especially now with her being elderly. Everyone I know with elderly parents has the same problem. For me in particular, she find 'perceived authority' in everyone and anyone BUT me. I am the guy who has picked her up off the floor (literally) a few times, seen her thru hospital stays, care center stays, caught an infection in the hospital the docs did not see in her, and on and on. Will she listen to me? Almost never. Anyone else, sure. It's enough to drive one crazy. Now I am resigned to finding her one day on the floor with a broken hip and that will be the end of her. Not what I want, but I expect it will happen. I feel for you, and you are NOT alone.

Comment

I'm not a Doctor - but, a member of my family who is 82 went through open heart surgery last July - finally he's getting close to feeling like himself. Depression and anxiety are major obstacles for anyone who survives open heart surgery, then there is the challenges of managing all the medication, and being sure that all the work inside is done.
        I think the doctors don't do a very good job setting expectations and how long the recovery process will take. I imagine that open heart surgery is the equivalent of being in a massive auto accident - progress and return to a normal life can not be measured in days or weeks.
        I hope things get better - but, it takes time.

Comment

Many thanks to all..........
          "Depression and anxiety"...............Yes, that spot on what i am facing here tonight in Liverpool with her..
          Mike

Comment

Working...
          X