X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mega's Mum

Originally posted by Mega View Post
    Update/3
    Hardest of hard sells, but looks like she agreed to sign the consent forms..............Thank God.

She stay in this hospital before getting transfar to another for the Op.........we think 2 weeks from now. We are all frightend but hopeful.
    Mike
    as you can see... we're all rooting for your mum. she's a fighter, eh? she'll fight her way out of this one, too!

Comment

The news is not good.
      She damaged her heart during the attack, 1 valve requires replacement.....this means they are going to saw though her rib cage & stop her heart.........they told her she can't live long without replacement.......i don't even wish to think of her chances, i feel the odds are against her..

Mike

Comment

We are all here wishing for the best, buddy.

Comment

I promised myself i won't do any reserch on the death/fail rates...........but last night i did. I was pleased to see very high rates of people (even in her age group) still alive after 5 years.
          Mike

Comment

Hell yeah, Mega! Going to rock it.

Comment

I promised myself i won't do any reserch on the death/fail rates...........but last night i did. I was pleased to see very high rates of people (even in her age group) still alive after 5 years.
              Mike
              That's very good news.

Heart surgery is a scary thing to go through, but I gotta say, once my husband was out of the hospital from his huge quadruple bypass he was like a new man. If he hadn't gotten killed he'd still be running circles around me. It was two years ago yesterday.

Live life to the fullest, Mike, and your mum as well. We never know how much time we have. Ultimately it's out of our hands.

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

She going for a "Andy-o-gram" tomorrow...
                Mike

Comment

Our thoughts are with her, and with you. Some of these old-but-spry folks can be amazing in their ability to not only recover, but thrive after surgery. My folks are the same way, and I'm in awe of what they've made it through. I hope you have the same experience.

Comment

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!

Mum has had her "Andy-o-gram" & it seems her art-tree's are fine.......she does NOT require a by pass operation!
                    Her heart valve is "stiff" not damaged, may not require an operation, however is NOT in danger & can (we think) return home soon...
                    Mike

Comment

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!

Mum has had her "Andy-o-gram" & it seems her art-tree's are fine.......she does NOT require a by pass operation!
                      Her heart valve is "stiff" not damaged, may not require an operation, however is NOT in danger & can (we think) return home soon...
                      Mike
                      Great news! (and thanks for the update.)

Comment

That is fantastic news! I'm so happy for you and your mum!

I wonder if Magnesium could help her valve. Magnesium is a natural relaxant; it relaxes the heart muscle. That's why they give it intravenously in emergency rooms to people having heart attacks. Maybe ask your mum's cardiologist if a daily Magnesium supplement could be helpful?

A doctor told me to take it for my stiff left ventricle and mitral valve. He said I would need to take it for several months before it would have an effect, but it would help me long-term.

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

Hell yeah! Glad to hear it, Mega.

Comment

Working...
                          X