Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "I'm F*&#ed!" Number

Funny article:
    ...Wanting to take a further look at now, I dusted off the old questions and returned to the field. I spoke with friends or friends of friends, across professions. I spoke with people on Wall Street. “What would it take to feel safe and snug?” I asked them. People rolled their eyes and said, “You must be kidding.” It was clear right away that the Old Number had given way to a New Number. “Fuck you” money? How quaint. “I’m fucked” money? Now we’re talking...

...“The first thing to understand,” Mr. Lucky tells me, “is that no one—I mean no one—is thinking about ‘Fuck you’ money now, even though that’s all they once thought about, talked about, lied through their teeth about. You know, ‘I got a million; I need five,’ or ‘I got 20; I need 40.’ Now all they care about is hanging on to a job, assuming they still have a job.”...
    http://www.portfolio.com/news-market...he-New-Economy

Re: The "I'm F*&#ed!" Number

About the only thing he did wrong was stay true-blue to his firm, before and after its acquisition. The assets he had set aside to educate his grandchildren? Mostly Lehman stock—now worthless.
    I am sorry for Mr. Ashamed that the destructive forces of Central Banks wiped him out.

However if you had a significant chunk of your wealth in LEH stock and that you had your finger on the stock market pulse and that you witnessed the system hiccups of summer of 07 and then that you failed to remove your marbles let alone diversify...well... no more "F&$* you" money for you.

Comment

Working...
    X