Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Schiff e-mails Mega

As you know i like Peter Schiff.

I have a Euro-pac account, i have "Crashproof" (Or Not so Crashproof as it turned out Peter!) I always listern to his radio show, he is to me what Crusty the clown is to Bart Simpson!

Thing is my Euro-pac A/c has some cash in it, & "Crusty" e-mailed me yesterday with 5 companys i might like to buy into.

What would the smart thing to do, buy now & take some short term pain or wait but risk missing a bargin?

Your Thoughts please my fellow Itulip-ers.
    Mike

Re: Peter Schiff e-mails Mega

Gawd. I would be absolutely star struck to get an email from Peter Schiff. Star struck and just sort of generally awed. Bowled over practically.
    Last edited by Contemptuous; March 06, 2009, 06:42 PM.

Comment

I've been looking at oil and ag stocks, but can't pull the trigger yet. They all have been dragged down with the overall market so still risky. The PE ratios on many of the gold miners are too high for my taste. Have to see gold reach much higher for it to be sustainable. Gold minors are lotto tickets. Most have crappy management and finances.

My original plan was to ease into stocks at spx 600, but now I'm afraid of a signficant overshoot to the downside and EJ does call for a DOW 5k. I think ag and oil stocks will bottom before the overall markets. I will wait for now and continue to monitor how those stocks are doing. Commodities have to continue to rise and the ag and oil stocks have to fair better against down days before I am comfortable buying again. Maybe wait for the 2:1 gold ratio before buying? Just my thoughts.

Comment

Peter sent that e-mail to me as well and I am not even a client (sorry Mega). Can't say I read the recos before deleting it though. Here is my take if you want it. Peter always talks of buying good growth/cash flow companies that pay decent dividends (8%+) in currencies other than USD. He has mentioned earnings multiples of 2 or 3.

So, if you already have your solid stash of cash and gold in hand I would say why not put a bit of "fun" money into these things at these levels.

Comment

Didn't someone in low places put his number 666 on the low today?

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=%5EGSPC

Comment

Why not post the fees and commisions Peter Schiff is going to charge you?

Then we can properly advise you to run away, as far as possible.

Can't believe you have money with Schiff. I like what he says but he is still a fees-based money manager.

Read your contract and add up all the various flavors of fees and commisions, the amount of $$$ you are losing will SHOCK you.

Unless you are a cabbage head, then go ahead and invest with an active money manager.

Comment

Apparently anyone who signed up got it, because I got it too. I'm definitely no client.

I read the picks. I already have a Canadian oil trust, which was one of the picks. The only one that really struck me as questionable was the Flat screen TV manufacturer in China.

Comment

Just for grins, I'm curious what Schiff is recommending in this market. How anyone can seriously count on continued dividends is beyond me -- just look at GE.

I like Schiff. I read his book, and I enjoy his interviews. But 3% commissions each way is outrageous. I would never let his firm anywhere near my investing. Besides the cost, who needs yet another counterparty to worry about?

Comment

No, they are not 3% commissions. They are 6% commissions. The 3% commissions are only for preferred clients of long standing.

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                  Just for grins, I'm curious what Schiff is recommending in this market. How anyone can seriously count on continued dividends is beyond me -- just look at GE.

I like Schiff. I read his book, and I enjoy his interviews. But 3% commissions each way is outrageous. I would never let his firm anywhere near my investing. Besides the cost, who needs yet another counterparty to worry about?

Comment

Originally posted by Mega View Post

I have a Euro-pac account, i have "Crashproof" (Or Not so Crashproof as it turned out Peter!) I always listern to his radio show, he is to me what Crusty the clown is to Bart Simpson!

Thing is my Euro-pac A/c has some cash in it, & "Crusty" e-mailed me yesterday with 5 companys i might like to buy into.

What would the smart thing to do, buy now & take some short term pain or wait but risk missing a bargin?

Mike
                    Mike, I do not care that Schiff emails you.

Peter sends me home videos...touche!

Comment

Originally posted by Lukester View Post
                      No, they are not 3% commissions. They are 6% commissions. The 3% commissions are only for preferred clients of long standing.
                      Interesting. They quoted me 3% when I talked with them in Feb 2008. Here's what they were recommending at the time, along with the yields they claimed, many of which were inflated:

Zinifex (AU 16%)
                      SP Ausnet (AU 13%)
                      Babcock & Brown (AU 13%)
                      NZ Refining (NZ 8.5%)
                      PGG Wrightson (NZ 5.5%)
                      Agriculture Basket UK:AIGA
                      Singapore Post (6%)
                      Singaport Petroleum (7%)

Comment

Originally posted by Mega View Post

Mike
                        The worst is yet to come . . . not the time to invest in stocks.
                        raja
                        Boycott Big Banks • Vote Out Incumbents

Comment

Working...
                        X