Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roubini the 'bad cop' to Obama/Geithner's 'good cop'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roubini the 'bad cop' to Obama/Geithner's 'good cop'?

Ouch - Sachs as 'model' - how to eviscerate a nation a la Russia, Chile.

Plus a 'Clinton-ite'. Plus a 'Harvard-ist'. Plus an 'IMF-er'. I won't even go to the Zionist part...

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...ef=patrick.net

After a year at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, he earned an economics degree at Milan’s Universita’ L. Bocconi and then his Ph.D. at Harvard University in 1988, where he specialized in international economics.

Jeffrey Sachs, he says, became his “role model” at Harvard by demonstrating that economists could shape public policy -- as Sachs did by lobbying for poor countries to have their debts relieved by richer governments. Sachs is now a professor at Columbia University.
    “You sensed there was something beyond academia, that you have to figure out the big issues of the global economy,” says Roubini. “You have to be engaged, and can’t just be in an ivory tower.”

For much of the 1990s, Roubini combined academic research and policy-making by teaching at Yale and then in New York, while also spending time at the International Monetary Fund, the Federal Reserve, World Bank and Bank of Israel.

Joining Clinton
    By 1998 he had attracted the attention of President Bill Clinton’s administration, joining it first as a senior economist in the White House Council of Economic Advisers and then moving to the Treasury department as a senior adviser to Timothy Geithner, then the undersecretary for international affairs and now Treasury secretary in the Obama administration.

Re: Roubini the 'bad cop' to Obama/Geithner's 'good cop'?

Originally posted by c1ue View Post
    Ouch - Sachs as 'model' - how to eviscerate a nation a la Russia, Chile.

Plus a 'Clinton-ite'. Plus a 'Harvard-ist'. Plus an 'IMF-er'. I won't even go to the Zionist part...

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...ef=patrick.net
    Sachs was his PhD supervisor, so he is bound to speak well of him.
    No rumours of Roubini being called to service now though.
    It's Economics vs Thermodynamics. Thermodynamics wins.

Comment

Originally posted by *T* View Post
      Sachs was his PhD supervisor, so he is bound to speak well of him.
      No rumours of Roubini being called to service now though.
      roubini clearly has a role in this mess, but what is it? bad cop/good cop makes sense. never identifies the source of the problem... the fire economy... never talks about the debt... never discusses debt cancellation...

yeh, just another harvard boy on the payroll...

Comment

I saw Roubini on BBC Davos Forum discussion panel. When he and the rest went into it I turned the whole thing off.

Roubini was selling the idea that errors were made but nothing beyond that should be imagined. Well JUST errors is not enough of an explanation of this sick situation.

I think his roll it to take up the Bad Guy role and hog the bandwidth with his version as much as possible. He will not go beyond the word "errors" IMO. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Shakespear View Post
          I saw Roubini on BBC Davos Forum discussion panel. When he and the rest went into it I turned the whole thing off.

Roubini was selling the idea that errors were made but nothing beyond that should be imagined. Well JUST errors is not enough of an explanation of this sick situation.

I think his roll it to take up the Bad Guy role and hog the bandwidth with his version as much as possible. He will not go beyond the word "errors" IMO. :-(
          On another thread there were complaints that none of Obama's economic appointees foresaw the consequences of what was unfolding. Roubini appears to be someone who started warning about this earlier than any of the others [most of whom appear to still be in denial].

Seems no matter what, can't make all the people happy all the time...

Comment

Working...
          X