Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help Me Out

Originally posted by c1ue View Post
    The other thing to keep in mind is that Soy protein alone is a bad long term diet.

There are parts missing - if you're only using it for a month or two, likely no problem.

But longer term you end up hurting yourself.

The good thing about beef is that you don't need to worry about any of that.

As for fat - when you're starving to death, fat is a good thing.

When you're sitting in front of a TV/computer 15 hours a day, lots of fat is a bad thing.

Its all relative.
    Nothing personal, cl1ue, but you really are totally wrong on this. Beef is terrible for you, soy is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by blazespinnaker View Post
      Nothing personal, cl1ue, but you really are totally wrong on this. Beef is terrible for you, soy is fine.
      Soy? It might not be so healthy.
      Beef?. If it's grass fed free-range organic beef, it might be quite healthy.
      Most folks are good; a few aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePythonicCow View Post
        Soy? It might not be so healthy.
        Beef?. If it's grass fed free-range organic beef, it might be quite healthy.
        Thanks for the info cow. I found the mercola article informative. http://www.mercola.com/article/soy/avoid_soy.htm

Comment

Originally posted by dummass View Post
          Thanks for the info cow. I found the mercola article informative. http://www.mercola.com/article/soy/avoid_soy.htm
          suggest you look up rogermexico's panu thread - [short for "paleolithic {informed} nutrition"]

Comment

Originally posted by jk View Post
            suggest you look up rogermexico's panu thread - [short for "paleolithic {informed} nutrition"]
            Dr. Mercola has just posted an article on related topic: The Dark Side of the China Study Story Supporting Vegetarianism…

Mercola finds that animal based meats and fats are a valuable part of ones diet, and that the "China Study" incorrectly concluded that vegetarianism was preferred. Mercola agrees with and cites another article The China Study vs the China study, by Michael R. Eades, M.D. This Eades article really rips the "China Study" apart.

Mercola recommends both organic fruits and vegetables, and raw organic meat and dairy, in proportions that will vary between individuals.

Comment

http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/07/07/the...act-or-fallac/

this is the analysis that triggered a rash of posts across many blogs about re-analyzing the china study.

Comment

Originally posted by jk View Post
                http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/07/07/the...act-or-fallac/

this is the analysis that triggered a rash of posts across many blogs about re-analyzing the china study.
                That's a neat site - thanks for linking it.

Comment

ohai dere!

It has been a while since I last posted on here. :P I am still living with my mom, but I have a job, at college full-time pursuing a degree in electromechanical technology, and I have a motorcycle that I ride around a lot every day. Much has changed while a lot has stayed the same.

edit: 500 posts, too. awesome

Comment

Originally posted by BadJuju View Post
                    ohai dere!

It has been a while since I last posted on here. :P I am still living with my mom, but I have a job, at college full-time pursuing a degree in electromechanical technology, and I have a motorcycle that I ride around a lot every day. Much has changed while a lot has stayed the same.

edit: 500 posts, too. awesome
                    Great news! Just having a job is a real accomplishment these days. Enjoy the moment.

Comment

Remember to BE HERE NOW
                      Live LIFE to the MAX
                      ALL things MUST PASS

Good luck to you,,,,no Really: Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
                      X