• what happened to itulip.com?

theories...

1. the gov't shut it down
    2. hacked by ukranians
    3. previous hosting co. went out of business
    4. upgraded so it doesn't crash all the time

???

Re: what happened to itulip.com?

Hmmm, A couple of days before the subscriptions more than double the site goes down for a day and a half? Not a great way to promote the service.

ITulip apparently doesn't understand that there are iTulip junkies out here that went through some pretty painful withdrawl symptoms without their daily iTulip fix.

Comment

WE Back!

Wot happened?
      EJ, i told you always keep a stack of shillings by the meter!
      Mike

Comment

Re: WE Back!

Maybe the credit line was cut off?

Comment

Originally posted by we_are_toast View Post
          Hmmm, A couple of days before the subscriptions more than double the site goes down for a day and a half? Not a great way to promote the service.

ITulip apparently doesn't understand that there are iTulip junkies out here that went through some pretty painful withdrawl symptoms without their daily iTulip fix.
          It was an enlightening experience. I was sitting on my computer going, "I'm totally out of stuff to surf! What's the deal? Oh yeah.... itulip's down."

Comment

Originally posted by BDAdmin
            We_are_toast,

I'm afraid to say that you have no slight idea about what iTulip's owners and administrators have gone through this past hours when iTulip.com website was down due to BLUEHOST our former hosting company's decision without any prior notice on the late afternoon before the Thanksgiving, and CLOSED for the holiday!!!!!!

Agree with you. Timing could not be worse! It was beyond our control. We despise Bluehost.

iTulip's owners and administrators have stayed up, the past approximately 30 hours, with our technical resources to assist us with the move to a new web hosting company on short notice over the holiday, and brought the website back this morning for our readers.

The site access disruption lasted longer than otherwise because, among other reasons, Bluehost technical support was closed for the holiday.

Needless to say, we were unhappy to have to cancel our own holiday plans to deal with the crisis that Bluehost created for us and you, our valued customers.

WE HAVE WORKED SOOOOO VERY HARD TO KEEP ITULIP REDERS AND SUBSCRIBERS INFORMED. And sorry for any inconvenice this may have caused you.

We thank you all for your support and patience.

We need some sleep now and encouragingly kind words from our loyal members.

Sincerely yours with many thanks,
            BDAdmin
            Until recently I was a web administrator for 7 years. I've experienced server crashes, OS upgrades, software upgrades, network outages... and have spent sleepless nights getting things up and running again. My comment was meant in jest (I should have put a smiley face behind it). I also currently run a website that is hosted by Bluehost. I sympathize greatly with your staff and know what you are going through.

Go home, get some sleep, there will always be a new problem to handle tomorrow.
            Last edited by BDAdmin; November 29, 2008, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Well I had a deadline this Friday so worked out really well for me -- no wasting time surfing!
              It's Economics vs Thermodynamics. Thermodynamics wins.

Comment

Until recently I was a web administrator for 7 years. I've experienced server crashes, OS upgrades, software upgrades, network outages... and have spent sleepless nights getting things up and running again. My comment was meant in jest (I should have put a smiley face behind it). I also currently run a website that is hosted by Bluehost. I sympathize greatly with your staff and know what you are going through.

On behalf of all iTulip junkies I say THANK YOU to the iTulip staff for getting the site moved over. Everything appears to have transferred over seamlessly, and I can only imagine the hard work that was involved in making it happen.

Jimmy

Comment

Right on. There will always be tomorrow and more to tackle.

I'm still up :eek:

Thanks.
                  BDAdmin
                  iTulip Forum Administrator

Comment

You may want to have a look at crosswinds.net out of Toronto -- they are a good crew.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmygu3 View Post
                      On behalf of all iTulip junkies I say THANK YOU to the iTulip staff for getting the site moved over. Everything appears to have transferred over seamlessly, and I can only imagine the hard work that was involved in making it happen.

Jimmy
                      yeh, and on a friggin holiday. kudos, guys. if you haven't seen it, here's the official scoop...

let's all fedx bags of shit to...

Bluehost Inc.
                      1215 N. Research Way, #Q3500
                      Orem, UT 84097

or call...

Telephone:
                      Main Line: 888-401-4678
                      Outside the U.S: 801-765-9400

tell 'em how you feel!

Comment

Bluehost was problematic all along. They rationed your resources in a crude way. I would have switched awhile ago. I have been there and done that...

Comment

Originally posted by grapejelly View Post
                          Bluehost was problematic all along. They rationed your resources in a crude way. I would have switched awhile ago. I have been there and done that...
                          shutting them down without warning... about a crude as it gets.

Comment

Thanks itulip IT staff for getting the site back up.

What you need to do now is pressurize EJ+co to pay up for genuine high availability hosting. On the other hand, that's expensive and the fees will fall back on us the subscribers... yikes! :eek:

On second thoughts, maybe you should just keep on working 24/7 through the next holiday season.

Whatever - speaking as an IT worker myself, your efforts are greatly appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by BDAdmin View Post
                              Right on. There will always be tomorrow and more to tackle.

I'm still up :eek:

Thanks.
                              I hope someone at least brought you a turkey sandwich for all that effort over Thanksgiving.

One never appreciates something as much as when it's gone. Thanks to the whole crew for the effort to bring it back to us.

Comment

Working...
                              X