Aluminum bullion GONE!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum bullion GONE!!!!

I'm telling you folks it's BAD out there. No aluminum buffaloes, aluminum eagles, aluminum pandas!

Hoo

World in brief: Inflation creates run on Argentine coins
    Compiled from news dispatches
    October 17, 2008
    Argentines are scrambling to get their hands on pocket change as soaring inflation makes the copper and aluminum that coins are made of worth more than their face value. Many suspect profit-seeking hoarders are scooping them up to stow away. Argentine annual inflation officially hit 8.7 percent in September, but independent economists say the rate is closer to 25 percent. One peso, worth about US $0.31, now buys so little, it makes more sense to melt down its metal, an economist said. Some officials suggest the scarcity of coins has triggered a black market, with dealers collecting and illegally reselling them at a hefty markup. That only takes more coins out of circulation, and the government is struggling to keep up with demand. On the Buenos Aires subway system last weekend attendants ran out of change, forcing them to let passengers ride free for two days.

Re: Aluminum bullion GONE!!!!

Originally posted by hoodoo View Post
    I'm telling you folks it's BAD out there. No aluminum buffaloes, aluminum eagles, aluminum pandas!

Listen to me, aluminum will get soon to $1500/oz

Comment

It turns out the crazy homeless guy isn't so crazy :rolleyes:

Comment

Kitco Is Out!

:d:d:d

Comment

This is curious... I was worried to store mexican 20c coins since with copper above 3.50 USD the pound, they are worth more than its face value (they have almost the same amount of copper as the pre 1982 US penny), and was thinking of free silver when getting the half ounce state coins when silver was rounding 20 USD the ozt...

I remember back in the early 80's... Whenever the monetary cone was changed (it was changed in 1980-3, and then in 1985-8) the announcement was that they had to do it before the value of the old peso came below the face value of the circulating coinage. In that aspect they were quite effective. Apart of the "speciality coins" (steel pesos from 1984-5 and bronze 20cs. from 1983-4) almost all mexican minted coins were replaced before their cost were more than their face value.
          sigpic
          Attention: Electronics Engineer Learning Economics.

Comment

And my paper stock, ALM, has fallen through the floor!! Why the disconnect? What does it mean?!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
              And my paper stock, ALM, has fallen through the floor!! Why the disconnect? What does it mean?!
              We'll know we've hit rock bottom when the paper is worth more as pulp for recycling than as stock certificates.

Comment

Originally posted by Andreuccio View Post
                We'll know we've hit rock bottom when the paper is worth more as pulp for recycling than as stock certificates.
                Or when it is worth more as the coup de grace after a nice dump.

Comment

Working...
                X