Comment

Re: The Strangest Airplanes In The World

[ATTACH]552[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]553[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]554[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]555[/ATTACH]

Comment

sweet! but why does the lukester airliner only have one set of wings?

Comment

Did you like the one I picked out for you Metalguy? I thought it had a certain "panache" that was just so "Metalman". Can't you picture this hitting the news? "Big bird takes off on historic maiden transatlantic voyage from Calais to New York"? Press photographers and paparazzi all milling around snapping pictures. "With a great thunderous clapping of duck-wings, the mighty Metalman Strato-Cruiser rises ponderously into the air ... ? ;)

Comment

VERY clever...and a good laugh...

Comment

I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time... LOL

Very funny, thanks Lukester!

Comment

Originally posted by metalman View Post
                  sweet! but why does the lukester airliner only have one set of wings?
                  That's based on the well known theory that anything can fly when equipped with enough thrust*. The Lukester airliner is otherwise known as the "Peak Oil Express"...if it doesn't happen naturally, Luke's going to help it along.

*See: "McDonnell Douglas F-4J Phantom"

Comment

Sometimes I just despair of you Metalman. Why must you be so obtuse?

My plane is designed with all the thrust on one wing as a fiendishly clever new design concept (this is the most advanced vehicle in the lineup).. I sit on the runway and fire the engines up to maximum thrust gradually and the plane begins to spin in a circle until the single wing devolves into a virtual propeller. Then I take off vertically, flying in devilishly hard-to-track tight but erratic circles. A very stealthy design! Where were you in aeronautics class, sleeping? There is even a brandy decanter in the cockpit to assist the pilot in seeing straight. Everything has been thought out with superb precision.

[ I love ya Metalguy. Please don't be miffed just because I chose the "duck-plane" for ya. It's got a lot of elegance actually! Remember the "duck-motorcycle" you chose for me previously? I took it as a rare compliment! Besides in ten years the Queen of England will be riding around in an ox-drawn Bentley (with gilded poop-bags for the cows) and the whole idea of "slow transport" will have become the last word in fashionable! ]
                    Last edited by Contemptuous; September 03, 2008, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X