To Hair transplant or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Hair transplant or not?

No amount of brushing will now hide the fact am getting thin up top. The anoying thing is i got plenty of hair, but it seems that it not popluar to be on top of my head!

I am therefore thinking about hair redeployment..........i was wondering if you guys have had any experance on this subject?
    Mike

Re: To Hair transplant or not?

No experience with the hair transplant thing Mike. I too have lots of hair AND on top of my head. I tell anyone who wants to argue about that to"count em"!!
    My own take on life is just to get on with it and not worry about the image too much. A few years ago I decided to just follow my sons' example and just shave the lot off (the head)...I'm pretty happy with that. I combine that with keeping myself VERY fit despite a whole lot of injuries to various sections of the body from years of hard work and play. The end result is image wise these days...let's say i consider myself a mile in front.
    Mate! It's just a sign of having lots of testosterone... ....women appreciate that a bit later in life!!!
    Anyway that's my 2 cents worth!

Comment

Shave it off. It's authentic and easy. You also save on barbershop bills and the Russian brides don't care about your hair or lack there of.;)

Comment

Originally posted by Mega View Post
        No amount of brushing will now hide the fact am getting thin up top. The anoying thing is i got plenty of hair, but it seems that it not popluar to be on top of my head!

I am therefore thinking about hair redeployment..........i was wondering if you guys have had any experance on this subject?
        Mike
        we're all ******* bald. but... no one looks at us and says... 'holy shit! what'd he do to hiself!!!'

what's what you get with those hair slugs and other crap.

face it... you're old.

work out. get a tan.

muscle & bald... no problem. flabby & bald? you'd better be either very rich, very charming, or both.

Comment

Just an observation on ads for all the hair crap
          Before pic...bald bloke with glum look on his face
          After pic...transplant or wig with smile

THE BIG DIFFERENCE IS ACTUALLY THE SMILE
          So Mike...just wear a smile!!!! Always!!!! I dunno...just carry a mental image of your Chancellor being strung up by his nuts or something!!! That ought to keep you smiling.

Comment

Yeah, well look at Henry Kissinger. He's flabby and short (although not bald, but then Greenspan is another great example, and HE's bald as a billiard and SCRAWNY). How come Kissinger is scoring tall, slender, attractive, impeccably poised and well educated wives? Something here doesn't add up fellas. Maybe Kissinger's got hair plugs but nobody dared ask? That is a suspiciously robust looking head of hair he's sporting. Looks as hardy as freakin' Astro-Turf, except it's colored grey. :cool:
            Originally posted by metalman View Post
            flabby & bald? you'd better be either very rich, very charming, or both.

Comment

Mike, have you ever seen what a hair transplant involves and what it does to your head during the procedure? Google for some images. :eek:

I'm as bald as a coot - started in my early twenties and still have a tiny amount of fluff left on top at 27 - and it saves me a fortune in haircuts. At the beginning I was in a real state about it but soon enough you get used to it. Alright, so the really hot girls might not look at you as often in the street any more but who cares? ;)

Comment

I'm not getting bald soon, but my hair is graying at an alarming rate... Yep, we are getting old. Just think about it, it's better that your system concentrates on feeding your brain instead of the surrounding areas... ;)
                sigpic
                Attention: Electronics Engineer Learning Economics.

Comment

Bald as hell in my late 20's. It all went in 6 months and I never saw a drop off in my, uh, activities at the time. It all depends on how you wear it. If you couldn't give a shit then it doesn't matter, your life is what you make it.
                  Now I'm married so it's all water under the bridge anyway but at the time it wasn't even a speed bump. (Now I never get laid. ) It's actually much easier than dealing with hair, but I'm wired that way. I never used a lot of gel and goop and all that crap. I actually love being bald and think if you are cool with it, then it just is cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                    Bald as hell in my late 20's. It all went in 6 months and I never saw a drop off in my, uh, activities at the time. It all depends on how you wear it. If you couldn't give a shit then it doesn't matter, your life is what you make it.
                    Now I'm married so it's all water under the bridge anyway but at the time it wasn't even a speed bump. (Now I never get laid. ) It's actually much easier than dealing with hair, but I'm wired that way. I never used a lot of gel and goop and all that crap. I actually love being bald and think if you are cool with it, then it just is cool.
                    it's all about health. if you're healthy you're sexy, and if you ain't you ain't. bald and fit is cool.

Comment

And now life is good.

Comment

And now life is good.
                        good god, man! they ain't fit! they hadn't invented a popular notion of 'fit' for women yet... not allowed. or 'handling' for cars. in 100 years they'll wonder how such a pack of sick feckers as us could stand ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by metalman View Post
                          good god, man! they ain't fit! they hadn't invented a popular notion of 'fit' for women yet... not allowed. or 'handling' for cars. in 100 years they'll wonder how such a pack of sick feckers as us could stand ourselves.
                          Tongue. In. Cheek.

Comment

And now life is good.
                            Are those women bald too now?

Comment

Originally posted by Andreuccio View Post
                              Are those women bald too now?
                              Yup, they all got full Brazilians.

Comment