Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone is out to give you a "haircut." Count on it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone is out to give you a "haircut." Count on it.

I am soon to be 67 and have had a most fortunate life with regard to health. I hope anyone reading this lives to at least 100 and has fewer problems than I ever had.

In the past 18 months I've been treated for hypertension--high blood pressure. I had an occasion that prompted me to inquire at Walmart as to the price of a generic antihypertensive medication I've been on the entire time. Today, I called Walmart for a price on a 90-day supply and was quoted $136.36. I've been getting this prescription at Sams Club for less than $9.00 for 90-days' supply. $136.36 vs. $8.90 for the same pill by the same company. Insurance is not a factor in the comparison of these prices. I called Walmart again just to make sure I had not gotten the quotation wrong.

Further back, I priced another drug at Rite Aid, Walgreens, Walmart and Sams. You go to your closest neighborhood friendly pharmacy and I'll just about guarantee you that you will be sheared. The further you drive to the old warehouse club, the cheaper the same medicine, or so my experience suggests.

Be careful out there, unsuspecting people (patients) are getting their fiat, ever-more useless dollars ripped out of their possession by so-called friendly, neighborhood pharmacists, and in this case that would include Walmart.
    Jim 69 y/o

"...Texans...the lowest form of white man there is." Robert Duvall, as Al Sieber, in "Geronimo." (see "Location" for examples.)

Dedicated to the idea that all people deserve a chance for a healthy productive life. B&M Gates Fdn.

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement. Unknown.

Re: Someone is out to give you a "haircut." Count on it.

Originally posted by Jim Nickerson View Post
    I am soon to be 67 and have had a most fortunate life with regard to health. I hope anyone reading this lives to at least 100 and has fewer problems than I ever had.

In the past 18 months I've been treated for hypertension--high blood pressure. I had an occasion that prompted me to inquire at Walmart as to the price of a generic antihypertensive medication I've been on the entire time. Today, I called Walmart for a price on a 90-day supply and was quoted $136.36. I've been getting this prescription at Sams Club for less than $9.00 for 90-days' supply. $136.36 vs. $8.90 for the same pill by the same company. Insurance is not a factor in the comparison of these prices. I called Walmart again just to make sure I had not gotten the quotation wrong.

Further back, I priced another drug at Rite Aid, Walgreens, Walmart and Sams. You go to your closest neighborhood friendly pharmacy and I'll just about guarantee you that you will be sheared. The further you drive to the old warehouse club, the cheaper the same medicine, or so my experience suggests.

Be careful out there, unsuspecting people (patients) are getting their fiat, ever-more useless dollars ripped out of their possession by so-called friendly, neighborhood pharmacists, and in this case that would include Walmart.
    thanks, that really useful info. we need a 'tips' forum here.

Comment

Re: Someone is out to give you a "haircut." Count on it.

And we think of bankers as banksters... what about this kind of highway robbery? Appalling! Isn't there some kind of law?

Comment

Working...
      X