Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you get Treasury to shore up your debt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you get Treasury to shore up your debt?

Funny, AND perceptive. Exerpt below. Link has detailed "advice".

July 14, 2008
    How can you get the Treasury to shore up your debt?

With news that the U.S. Treasury is getting the go-ahead to use billions of federal dollars to guarantee the debts held by Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, many Americans can't help but wonder, "What's so damn special about those two companies? I have debt too. How can I get the government to shore up my debt?"

It's not that hard. The problem with most Americans is that no matter how hard they try with their credit cards, student loans, and mortgages it can be hard to rack up more than $60,000 or $70,000 in debt, which the government thinks is small potatoes. If you want to make sure the government uses tax dollars to pay off your debt, you gotta spend big!

Don't just buy a moped, buy 100 billion mopeds

When Fred Berry's character Rerun got a credit card on "What's Happening" he started buying all kinds of junk, including his beloved moped. Eventually though, the repo man came by take his moped and give it back to the moped company.

Rerun's mistake was that he only bought one moped. If you buy 100 billion mopeds and can't pay for them, the moped industry will be on the verge of collapse and the government will insure that you have the money to keep all 100 billion mopeds. At the end of the day, you get 100 billion free mopeds, and the American taxpayer will understand that he has to foot the bill if he wants mopeds to continue to exist.

Don't just be bad with money, be catastrophic with money...

Working...
X