Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you too stupid to know what is good for you? Whose fault is that?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you too stupid to know what is good for you? Whose fault is that?

Ok boys and girls, if you haven’t prepared for the shit storm that is about to hit you have only yourself to blame.

Memorable quote of the day:

If those concerned in the matter are too stupid to know what is good for them, whose fault is that?
    I know I have my comeuppance coming for sharing this tidbit with you since no good deed goes unpunished and I am too stupid to know better. Oh, the irony.

Cheers,

-Sapiens

Re: Are you too stupid to know what is good for you? Whose fault is that?

Here is a link from a kind reader who points out why most people are too stupid to know better, or to know what is good for them:

http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/historytour/history1.htm

In other words, most are being trained or programmed against their own self-interest; and since we all are born ignorant, we do not have a reference point to know we are being trained or programmed againt our own self-interest. Oh, boy!

Comment

You know...in the end its the choice of the citizenry how educated they want to be in these times. The internet came out when I was 12. You want to talk about having knowledge at your fingertips?

I don't think it's fair to say that everyone is dumb because of the school system. It is disconcerting that we have a department of education that tells schools in different states what to teach and how to test it, but it's not total control.

That's the thing about all this. Everything is geared against the common citizen, but its the choice of the common citizen whether they want to rise up or falter. As metalman said in another thread, "People need to have give-a-shit moments," to wake up and see the reality around them. Those too "stupid" to not see what's going on when it's too late for them deserve it.

Ye shall seek the truth and the truth shall set you free.

Comment

June 27, 2008
        fficeffice" />
        •• SPECIAL ALERT: as warned for many months a major global “upheaval” is in progress -- spurred by the one-two punch of run-away inflation & a collapse of the derivatives/credit markets -- which will affect everyone. Many banks are at risk. Investors who continue to procrastinate or wait optimistically for storm clouds to dissipate, will in the main, see their assets deflate radically & at best risk losing much or most of their net buying power &/or capital. If not already done so, we urge that U immediately reduce financial risk via 3 basic steps: exit the US$ (or hedge exposure to US$ assets of any kind via futures short selling &/or bank forward contacts), place approx ½ of your assets into a mix of 90-day to 2-year govt bills/bonds (Swiss govt paper preferred, but any (non-US$) 1st world govt paper OK), place almost ½ of your assets in gold (via a basket of gold futures &/or quality gold shares, with at least 15% in physical gold bars or coins). A small position in oil/food/comod stocks & special situations is justified. See HSL for details on July 6.

Good luck to us all,
        Uncle Harry & team

Comment

Originally posted by RickBishop View Post
          June 27, 2008
          fficeffice" />
          •• SPECIAL ALERT: as warned for many months a major global “upheaval” is in progress -- spurred by the one-two punch of run-away inflation & a collapse of the derivatives/credit markets -- which will affect everyone. Many banks are at risk. Investors who continue to procrastinate or wait optimistically for storm clouds to dissipate, will in the main, see their assets deflate radically & at best risk losing much or most of their net buying power &/or capital. If not already done so, we urge that U immediately reduce financial risk via 3 basic steps: exit the US$ (or hedge exposure to US$ assets of any kind via futures short selling &/or bank forward contacts), place approx ½ of your assets into a mix of 90-day to 2-year govt bills/bonds (Swiss govt paper preferred, but any (non-US$) 1st world govt paper OK), place almost ½ of your assets in gold (via a basket of gold futures &/or quality gold shares, with at least 15% in physical gold bars or coins). A small position in oil/food/comod stocks & special situations is justified. See HSL for details on July 6.

Good luck to us all,
          Uncle Harry & team
          Rick, it isn't clear as to who put forth the advice you posted. Any hints as to the advicer giver is, or is this your advice?
          Jim 69 y/o

"...Texans...the lowest form of white man there is." Robert Duvall, as Al Sieber, in "Geronimo." (see "Location" for examples.)

Dedicated to the idea that all people deserve a chance for a healthy productive life. B&M Gates Fdn.

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement. Unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Nickerson View Post
            Rick, it isn't clear as to who put forth the advice you posted. Any hints as to the advicer giver is, or is this your advice?
            From here - Kitco forums: As a subscriber to the HSL Newsletter this is the first time that I've ever received an e-mail from the editor warning that the S is about HTF! I sure hope their wrong... Any other HSL members out there?

International Harry Schultz Letter

Never heard of him, but I'm still very green in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by babbittd View Post
              From here - Kitco forums: As a subscriber to the HSL Newsletter this is the first time that I've ever received an e-mail from the editor warning that the S is about HTF! I sure hope their wrong... Any other HSL members out there?

International Harry Schultz Letter

Thanks, babbit.

Never heard of him, but I'm still very green in this game.
              I think Harry Schultz is a really old fart and newletter writer. If anyone has serious interest in Schultz you might search marketwatch.com for articles by Peter Brimelow as he comments on Schultz from time to time.

How many people besides Lukester (I think I am correct) have 50% in gold in any combination of such instruments?

I've got ~20% in PM's: 2.15% in physical gold, .09% silver, and 17.8% between GLD, SLV, CEF, GTU.
              Jim 69 y/o

"...Texans...the lowest form of white man there is." Robert Duvall, as Al Sieber, in "Geronimo." (see "Location" for examples.)

Dedicated to the idea that all people deserve a chance for a healthy productive life. B&M Gates Fdn.

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement. Unknown.

Comment

I think Harry Schultz is a really old fart and newletter writer. If anyone has serious interest in Schultz you might search marketwatch.com for articles by Peter Brimelow as he comments on Schultz from time to time.
                Jim, he is an old fart but with a LOT of money lol. Who knows just one guys thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by RickBishop View Post
                  Jim, he is an old fart but with a LOT of money lol. Who knows just one guys thoughts
                  Rick, am I and others to believe that you have actually seen Schultz's brokerage statements and thus know in fact he has a LOT of money lol.

Don't you ever get tired of laughing out loud?
                  Jim 69 y/o

Comment

How many people besides Lukester (I think I am correct) have 50% in gold in any combination of such instruments?

I've got ~20% in PM's: 2.15% in physical gold, .09% silver, and 17.8% between GLD, SLV, CEF, GTU.
                    I'm Up to 80% Physical and counting (No, I will not tell you where it is)

(See Jim, I told you it was a buy a $900;)

Comment

Originally posted by RickBishop
                      No not really U?

Calm Down RICK, Go have a drink! ( I just did and I feel much better)

Your pal in Liquor and Silver...
                      Last edited by BDAdmin; July 06, 2008, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jtabeb View Post
                        I'm Up to 80% Physical and counting (No, I will not tell you where it is)

(See Jim, I told you it was a buy a $900;)
                        I'm not dissatisfied with my PM allocation. I don't know what the future holds for the US, but were I 15-20 years younger and my perception was that things would get so bad that I needed to have 80% of my wealth in physical precious metals, I am rather sure I would get the hell out of Dodge and relocate to another country.
                        Jim 69 y/o

Comment

I I am rather sure I would get the hell out of Dodge and relocate to another country.
                          2010, got an overseas job too. Can't leave earlier because of that darn Military Active Duty Service Commitment thingy.

I smell exactly what you are smoking and I'm headed in that direction already.

If you guys are ever in Riyad after 2010, look me up, we'll have some homebrew on me!

Comment

Originally posted by babbittd View Post
                            I know about him. In fact, I've actually met him. This must have been early 1990s. From what I know, he is a US tax refugee. He was old then, so there's a fair chance that he is dead or not so much participating in his newsletter writing. I know for a fact that he was in the Guinness Book of World Records many times, as the highest paid investment consultant in the world. I distinctly remember his green newsletters.

He has a web site. He bills himself as a pioneer of the financial newsletters.

That said, his advice has had a significant negative effect on my life (1980s spectacular crash in you-know-what) but I don't want to go into details.

Comment

Working...
                            X