What if the Fed is successful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if the Fed is successful?

Last edited by Nervous Drake; January 19, 2015, 03:19 PM.

Re: What if the Fed is successful?

Originally posted by Nervous Drake View Post
    I've been thinking about how awful the situation we are in is. We have basically been put into a position where we either can choose to realign ourselves with more original principles or to "keep everyone safe" and keep the credit machine going. I am SO ******* PISSED OFF that we have gotten this far through misleading government regulations.

What if the Fed managed to become so powerful to control the stock market, commodity market, money supply, everything? It is ridiculous to think the world would allow it. But it seems to me that is what they want. And they make it sound like they are just trying to help the people of the United States. Well, in a way I guess they are, but it is for all the wrong reasons. And when I say "they" I mean Robert Paulson and his speeches.

You know what really pisses me off is you go and check out some Goldman Sachs executive's job history. You'll notice very often they worked in some weird government regulatory agency for a while, and then came to Goldman Sachs. Now they get the options and wooo baby time to party! Wonder what you need to do to get there?

Why did we originally come off the gold standard? Was it really because it was no longer a viable way to run an economy? Or was it because it was the easy way out? Where are we now? Off the gold standard, and still the same problems. Now what? Change the credit system to be even more pervasive than it is? Debt is money?

What do people do when the next crisis hits?

I'm just so ******* pissed off that it seems so simple to me but it will never be explained this way.

This is linked to corporations wielding world influence. I can't even comprehend how it managed to get this bad. The unwinding would truly be the worst imaginable.

It feels like it is too late...
    meanwhile, back in amerika...

Comment

Last edited by Nervous Drake; January 19, 2015, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Drake, here is a link to an article by Michael Lewitt in John Mauldin's Outside the Box. Lewitt describes the situation and puts forth what he believes are needed answers.

http://www.iipub.com/otb_va.aspx?EditionID=673

I don't know whether it'll make you feel worse or better. Link doesn't go directly to article, sorry. Follow link and then over to right is a View archived editorials link, Lewitt's article is 3/31/08 How to fix it.
        Jim 69 y/o

"...Texans...the lowest form of white man there is." Robert Duvall, as Al Sieber, in "Geronimo." (see "Location" for examples.)

Dedicated to the idea that all people deserve a chance for a healthy productive life. B&M Gates Fdn.

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement. Unknown.

Comment

Last edited by Nervous Drake; January 19, 2015, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X