• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jokes Thread

From the nihoncassandra blog...too funny

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Zero - The Loneliest Number?!?

In The Secret Bank of Japan Lexicon, I attempted to demystify all things ZIRP for financial Japan-o-philes. But as we are all ZIRPers now (or soon will be ZIRPers - Hi Merv!), I thought it might useful to update the lexicon to help Anlgo-Saxons familiarize themselves with the new paradigm of.... Z E R O, "oh", "null", "nil", "naught".

ZIRP (c) - The policy of pricing money as if it were free, thereby encouraging its creation in [errr hopefully?!?] unlimited quantities to any and all comers, for the stated purpose of avoiding deflation, though actually it is to make sure that those whose eyes were bigger than their stomachs don't explode, which ostensibly is less than desired by anyone.

nearZIRP(sm)(c) - same as the above, only a few basis points higher; usually meant to keep at least one final bullet for the FRB in the eventuality things get even more FUBAR. Also can be used on the rebound in order to allow the FRB to keep the fallacy alive that it is symmetrical insofar as it takes similarly aggressive action against inflation as it is against deflation. (See also: ZIRP-lite)

ZIRPtastic - The feeling of joy and bliss that overcomes the borrower of "free money" upon swapping US Dollar paper for something that will depreciate less.

ZIRPflation - The likely future consequence of ZIRP.

disZIRPflation - The temporary state of purgatory where core asset and commodity prices are falling coincidental to ZIRP, and/or nearZIRP.

ZIRPulation - Leveraged specutrage predicated upon borrowing Dollars at nearZIRP for investment in anything and everything nonZIRP.

ZIRP-sixed - Losing one's hedge fund either by maintaining long risky-asset positions enroute to ZIRP, OR, maintaining short risky-asset trades beyond their sell-by date (See Donchian Channel Breakout)

ZIRPcurve Risk - The aggregate embedded risk in a ZIRPified financial system where the paucity of short-end yield induces investors to "reach for yield" by going farther out on the curve, thereby squashing long-term rates towards ungodly low levels that cause a bubble in the long end, circularly making it near-impossible to shift policy or paradigms without inducing massive mark-to-market capital losses throughout the financial system. (See: "the folly of sequential bubble- blowing")

1st Law of ZIRP-o-dymanics - For every borrower there is a lender causing the net stimulatory benefits of ZIRP to be lost as savers now devoid of income curtail consumption.

2nd Law of ZIRP-o-dymanics - Exceptional circumstance of 1st Law where lenders are foreign, allowing the possibility that domestically , the net stimulatory effect might be positive.

ZIRPstamps - Food Coupons issued to OAPs (Old Age Pensioners) who live off of the interest from fixed-income investments, and as a result, now require income supplements.

ZIRPerrific - Celebratory "High-fives all around" in the Treasury War Room when stocks fall less than "a few percent", swap spreads converge, Jim Cramer finally shuts-the-fuck-up.

ZIRPBento - The FreeLunch(c) Box served in Financial cafeterias, but available to any and all comers.

ZIRPtomism - The belief that the power of positive-thinking and free-money will allow something-for-nothingism to live yet another day.

ZIRPquake - - Colassal dislocation in financial markets when eventual unwinding of ZIRP-related positions occurs.

neoZIRPeralism - Using all manner of monetary policy tools to insure the neoliberal regime suurvives. (See Income inequality, Public Interest, Beggar-Thy-Neighbor)

ZIRPing-on-a-String" - Economic state describing the ineffective outcome of employing ZIRP monetary strategies when the the root causes of America's ills has next-to-nothing to do with the price of money, and everything to do with unimaginable financial and regulatory policy mismanagement and neglect during eight years of the Bush Admin.

ZIRPatility - The phenomena describing the schizophrenic market adjustments to ZIRP as they attempt to fathom whether deflation or inflation will prevail.

ZIRPocracy -Describes capitalism's policy paradox where the market price is proffered to be essential to the optimal, (or reeasonable approximation thereof) allocation of a scarce resource excepting when it comes to finding clearing prices for stocks, real estate, and anything covered by TARP, TAF, TSLF

ZIRPlosion - - Eventual market relapse caused by putting-off until tomorrow what should be adjusted to today.

ZIRPO - The fourth Marx Brother.....

Comment

A ZIRPY: A special brand of Kool-Aid drink.

Comment

Q: What's the difference between syphilis, herpes, AIDS, and a condominium in Miami?

A: You can get rid of syphilis

Comment

A blonde goes to the post office to buy stamps for her Christmas cards.
          She says to the clerk, "May I have 50 Christmas stamps?"

The clerk says, "What denomination?"

The blonde says, "God help us. Has it come to this? Give me 6
          Catholic, 12 Presbyterian, 10 Lutheran and 22 Baptists."

Comment

Originally posted by threadhead View Post
            Q: What's the difference between syphilis, herpes, AIDS, and a condominium in Miami?

A: You can get rid of syphilis
            nice avatar :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by metalman View Post
              nice avatar :rolleyes:
              Speaking of avatars, everytime I look at yours, I think it looks like he just blew a seal.

Actually I liked your original one. It was more rugged as that is the sense you create with so many posts. The one now looks very sophisticated, and only rarely, but surely, do you come across that way.
              Jim 69 y/o

"...Texans...the lowest form of white man there is." Robert Duvall, as Al Sieber, in "Geronimo." (see "Location" for examples.)

Dedicated to the idea that all people deserve a chance for a healthy productive life. B&M Gates Fdn.

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement. Unknown.

Comment

Valentine's Day Competition
                THESE ARE ENTRIES TO A WASHINGTON POST VALENTINE'S COMPETITION ASKING FOR A TWO LINE RHYME WITH THE MOST ROMANTIC FIRST LINE, AND THE LEAST ROMANTIC SECOND LINE:

1. My darling, my lover, my beautiful wife: Marrying you has screwed up my life.

2. I see your face when I am dreaming. That's why I always wake up screaming.

3. Kind, intelligent, loving and hot; this describes everything you are not.

4. I thought that I could love no other -- that is until I met your brother.

5. Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet, and so are you. But the roses are wilting, the violets are dead, the sugar bowl's empty and so is your head.

6. I want to feel your sweet embrace; but don't take that paper bag off your face.

7. I love your smile, your face, and your eyes. Damn, I'm good at telling lies!

8. My love, you take my breath away. What have you stepped in to smell this way?

9. My feelings for you no words can tell, except for maybe 'Go to hell.'

10. What inspired this amorous rhyme? Two parts vodka, one part lime.

Comment

Re: Valentine's Day Competition

Originally posted by metalman View Post
                  THESE ARE ENTRIES TO A WASHINGTON POST VALENTINE'S COMPETITION ASKING FOR A TWO LINE RHYME WITH THE MOST ROMANTIC FIRST LINE, AND THE LEAST ROMANTIC SECOND LINE:

1. My darling, my lover, my beautiful wife: Marrying you has screwed up my life.

2. I see your face when I am dreaming. That's why I always wake up screaming.

3. Kind, intelligent, loving and hot; this describes everything you are not.

4. I thought that I could love no other -- that is until I met your brother.

5. Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet, and so are you. But the roses are wilting, the violets are dead, the sugar bowl's empty and so is your head.

6. I want to feel your sweet embrace; but don't take that paper bag off your face.

7. I love your smile, your face, and your eyes. Damn, I'm good at telling lies!

8. My love, you take my breath away. What have you stepped in to smell this way?

9. My feelings for you no words can tell, except for maybe 'Go to hell.'

10. What inspired this amorous rhyme? Two parts vodka, one part lime.
                  Interesting for a February 14th.

How long ago did she leave you buddy?

Comment

A dog is truly a man's best friend.

If you don't believe it, just try this experiment.

Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car for an hour.

When you open the trunk, who is really happy to see you????????

Comment

Winning the Lottery! (a.k.a. more off-color misognynist humor)

A woman rushes home, bursting through the front door of her house, yelling to her husband,

"Pack your bags baby, I just won the lottery! All £10,000,000...."

"Woooohooo!!!! That's great sweetie" he replies."Do I pack for the beach or do I pack for the mountains?"

Who cares", she replies, "Just f**k off!"

Comment

A man walks into a bar and sees a nice looking girl.
                        He walks up to her and says "Would you like to see my special watch?"

"What's so special about it?" She asks.
                        "It's special because it sends me psychic messages about you."

"Oh yea. What is it saying right now?"
                        "It's telling me you aren't wearing any panties"

"Well your watch is wrong I am wearing panties"
                        The man looks at his watch and says "Must be a hour fast."

Comment

Is Partial Compendium Latvian Humor Joke!

Joke:
                          Three men are in ship. One Latvian, one Russian, one Lithuanian. Lithuanian take out one bottle wodka. Russian kill Lithuanian, then drink wodka. Then Latvian wait until Russian drink self to sleep, then kill. Is end.

Joke:
                          Latvian: Is so cold.
                          All: How cold is?
                          Latvian: Very. Also dark.

Joke:
                          A fishmonger says to a bootblack, "Are there any more potato left?" Bootblack says, "Yes, one. But it has gone bad." The fishmonger says, "I am very hungry. I have not eaten for three days. I shall eat it, even if it makes me very ill." And bootblack says, "I did not speak truth. In reality, there is no food left. You shall go hungry yet another day, my friend."

Joke:
                          Man is hungry. He steal bread to feed family. Get home, find all family have sent Siberia! “More bread for me,” man think. But bread have worm.

Joke:
                          Janis: I hope my son does not die during night.
                          Guntis: What is "hope"?
                          Janis: Yes. I know what you say.
                          Guntis: No. I am serious. What is hope?
                          Janis: In truth, I do not know. Joke:
                          Questioning: Why did chicken cross road?
                          Answering: I have not seen chicken since I was very young, on my parents' farm. This is before the Cossacks slaughtered them. I can still hear screams of sister as soldiers rape her. But back to question, where did you see chicken? I am very, very hungry.

Joke:
                          Man car break down near house of farmer. Take shelter in barn. Find farmer daughter in barn. Oh! Hot stuff! But TOO LATE! Is already rape by soldier.

Joke:
                          Knock knock
                          Who’s there?
                          Latvian.
                          Latvian who?
                          Please open door. Is cold.

Joke:
                          Latvian walk into bar with poodle under one arm and salami under other. Eat salami first.

Joke:
                          How many Latvian is take screw in light bulb?
                          Only one. Obtain light bulb is hard part. You have potato?

Joke:
                          How is get one-arm Latvian out of tree?
                          Is no one-arm Latvian! Why you silly? All go Center for Great Peaceful Physical Reassignment. You no ask.

Joke:
                          Why six is afraid seven? Because seven have many friend politburo.

Joke:
                          Latvian walk into bar with pig on shoulder. Bartender say, “That look delicious!” But pig say, “No. Is Latvian. Taste is similar to dog.”

Joke:
                          Latvian walk into bar with mule. Bartender say, “Why so long face?” Latvian say, “I was thinking of my daughter. She has been lie with soldier for potato feed baby. “

Joke:
                          Is dead dog in road. Is dead Latvian in road. What difference?
                          Dog have fur keep warm. Also, freedom. And dog try eat poop for pleasure not just survive. So many thing!

Joke:
                          Latvian is rub lamp find genii. Genii say, “What is three wishes?” Latvian say, “I wish potato!” Then, POOF! Potato! Latvian so happy! “Oh! Is potato! Is potato!” say Latvian. Genii ask, “What is next wish?” Latvian is say, “I wish you go away so can enjoy potato!” POOF! Too bad. Also, was only lamp.

Joke:
                          Little boy Janis Dipers is get trouble, school. After teacher is beat, make also stay detention all alone. While detention, teacher is get horny! Teacher and Janis is make sex. “Janis Dipers!” teacher shout! “But teacher,” Janis say, “I too hungry for energy do that.”

Joke:
                          Three Latvian are brag about sons. “My son is soldier. He have rape as many women as want,” say first Latvian. “Zo?” second say, “My son is farmer. He have all potato he want!” Third Latvian wait long time, then say, “My son is die at birth. For him, struggle is over.” “Wow! You are win us,” say others. But all are feel sad.

Joke:
                          Boy: But mother, I no are like grandma.
                          Mother: Eat anyway. Is no potato.

Joke:
                          Latvian walk into bar and say, “I have not eaten for many days. One full beer will be too much for me. How much just maybe one shot beer?” Bartender say, “This is can do for you. Is two centimes.” Latvian say, “Oh. I was hoping it would be less. I do not have that much.”

Joke:
                          Is Latvian couple have been marry 60 years! But for long times, is no making sex. For 60th wedding anniversary, wife is buy for husband hooker for the have sex! Hooker is arrive at door one fine day and is say to husband, “Hello! I here give you super sex!” Man is say, “Oh! I will have the soup.” Then hooker is say, “What? You have soup? Why you no told this?”

Joke:
                          What are one potato say other potato?
                          Premise ridiculous. Who have two potato?

Joke:
                          How many Latvian is take screw in light bulb?
                          25. One screw in, 24 ride bicycle generator for 1-hour shift. But time probably better spend search food.

Joke:
                          Three Latvian girl are walk down street. One have knife, one have gun, one have window. They are meet soldier. Soldier is ask first girl, “Why you are have knife?” “If you try rape me, I stab!” she say. Okay! Second girl, “Why you are have gun?” “If you try rape me, I shoot!” she say. Okay! Third girl, “Why you are have window?!?” “If you try rape me, I jump out!”

Joke:
                          Latvian is capture by cannibals. Cannibals say, “We are kill you and eat you and use skin for canoe. But you may choose means of your death.” Latvian say, “Okay! You are give me fork, please!” But oops! Is forgot how use!

Source

(Apologies to any Latvians out there)

Comment

Joke of the Day: "McDonalds adds Citigroup stock to its $1 menu!"

Could be worse I suppose. Coming soon, a giveaway Pandit toy with every Happy Meal?

Comment

The New F***ing Citibank

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/c13...f-ing-citibank

(not safe for work - language)
                              http://www.NowAndTheFuture.com

Comment

Who is Sully Sullenberger?

SULLY SULLENBERGER - MEDIA DARLING NO MORE.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X