Jokes Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jokes Thread

Lawrence Livermore Laboratories has discovered the heaviest element yet known to science. The new element, Governmentium (symbol=Gv), has one neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons, and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312. These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons. Since Governmentium has no electrons, it is inert. However, it can be detected, because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact. A tiny amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction that would normally take less than a second, to take from 4 days to 4 years to complete. Governmentium has a normal half-life of 2 to 6 years. It does not decay, but instead undergoes a reorganization in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places. In fact, Governmentium's mass will actually increase over time, since each reorganization will cause more morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes. This characteristic of moron promotion leads some scientists to believe that Governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a critical concentration. This hypothetical quantity is referred to as critical morass. When catalyzed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium (symbol=Ad), an element that radiates just as much energy as Governmentium, since it has half as many peons but twice as many morons.

Comment

"Nice Bank. Where did you get it?"

"They threw it in when I bought a toaster."

Comment

Sadly, this one is urban legend .. http://www.snopes.com/crime/clever/cigarson.asp

Comment

Originally posted by walenk View Post
          "Nice Bank. Where did you get it?"

"They threw it in when I bought a toaster."
          A few days ago, I was talking to a rep at bank and asked her to send me some materials. She said they would arrive in 3-5 days. I said that would be fine, but asked her if she thought they would still be in business in 3-5 days.

That went over so well I figured I'd follow up with the toaster joke above. She didn't think it was nearly as funny as I did.

Comment

__________________________________________________ __________

Comment

Historian and author Niall Ferguson, when asked about the future of the Big 3 US automakers, replied that they should recognize the inevitable...Chrysler, GM and Ford should merge into the Big 1, and call it CGF...Couldn't Get Funding.

Comment

1. A day without sunshine is like night.

2. On the other hand, you have different fingers.

3. 42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

4. 99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

5. Remember, half the people you know are below average.

6. He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

7. Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

8. The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

9. Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

10. A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

11. Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.

12. If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

13. How many of you believe in psycho-kinesis? Raise my hand.

14. OK, so what's the speed of dark?

15. When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

16. Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

17. How much deeper would the ocean be without sponges?

18. Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

19. What happens if you get scared half to death, twice?

20. Why do psychics have to ask you your name?

21. Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, 'What the heck happened?'

22. Just remember -- if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off.

23. Light travels faster than sound.. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

24. Life isn't like a box of chocolates. it's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow.
                Ed.

Comment

Rated "J" (suitable for jaundiced investors) ...

[ATTACH]873[/ATTACH]

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/v/WcZqwR9tbJE...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">http://www.youtube.com/v/WcZqwR9tbJE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/v/xsnVvXkDnqM...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">http://www.youtube.com/v/xsnVvXkDnqM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">[/media]

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/v/I-5e_Tjv7vg...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">http://www.youtube.com/v/I-5e_Tjv7vg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">[/MEDIA]

Who is Gordon Ramsey? (World Class Celebrity Chef)

Comment

Our 25th anniversary was coming up and my wife kept hinting for something that shined in silver.

When the day arrived, she opened my present with great anticipation.

The last thing I remember is her holding the new scale over her head with both of her hands.

Comment

Gentlemen, Beware of the Dog House!

http://creativity-online.com/work/view?seed=5e32d548
                        http://www.NowAndTheFuture.com

Comment

Comment

Metalman -

I have a special feeling for African Greys. When I was ten, my father brought one back for me from a working trip he made to the Congo. He had to smuggle ity through Italian customs as it was not legal to import. So he gave it a tiny sip of whiskey and stuffed it under his coat as he walked through customs. He got through despite the baby bird emitting muffled squawks from under his coat.

We named him Stanley, after the famous Journalist and intrepid African explorer, and he lived with us for right around 30 years. They actually can live to 80 years old, but he spent the last fifteen years of his life living up in the mountains of central Tuscany, where it got cold in the winter. A Congolese African Grey is just not suited to that climate and eventually he caught a chill and died (this was back in 1995).

However I can attest to the extraordinary intelligence of these birds. They are smarter even than dolphins or whales, right up ther with Washoe the chimp who learned a vocabulary of some 300 words in sign language and caused an uproar in the community of anthropologists, evolutionary biologists and linguists who for a century had insisted that no creatures (primates included) had any intelligence approaching that of man.

Alex the African grey, as it turns out and has been minutely documented, had in some cognitive tasks, approximately the intelligence of a three year old. Before you scoff at this outlandish idea, watch these documentaries and take cognizance of the degree of cognitive intelligence that is being demonstrated here. Stanley could rattle on in fragmented French (his native Congolese learned in infancy) and later in English and Italian.

He was so intelligent that over the thirty years in our family he really and truly became a family member, in some ways involved in direct dialogue with all of us. He was far, far more intelligent and engaged with us humans than were any of the other animals we had (lots, and varied). Bottom line: African Grey parrots are rivaled only by Chimps in their level of intelligence. These creatures are astonishingly intelligent, and reveal the wonder and mystery of evolution.

LINKS ALL EXPIRED.
                            Last edited by Contemptuous; December 20, 2008, 02:04 AM.

Comment

After retiring, I went to the Federal Building to apply for Social Security.

The woman behind the counter asked me for my driver's license to verify my age. I looked in my pockets and realized I had left my wallet at home. I told the woman that I was very sorry, but I would have to go home and come back later.

The woman said, 'Unbutton your shirt'. So I opened my shirt revealing my curly silver hair. She said, 'That silver hair on your chest is proof enough for
                              me' and she processed my Social Security application

When I got home, I told my wife about my experience.

She said, 'you should have dropped your pants. You might have gotten disability, too.'

Since then I've been seeing the Social Security gal on the side.

Comment

I kept fiddling around with the car radio this morning until I rear-ended the car in front of me. When the other driver got out of his car, I noticed that he was a dwarf.

He stormed over to me as I got out, really pissed, and looking up at me, shouted,

'I AM NOT HAPPY!'

So I looked down at him and said, 'No? Then which one are you?'

I hadn't anticipated where a dwarf's straight right would actually land.

Comment

Working...
                                X