Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have Church Building - Will Travel

700-year-old church on the move

On the move ... The Emmaus church is transported on a special trailer.
    Photo: Reuters

(N.B.! This church is built of BRICK, not framed !! )

EMMAUS_CHURCH.jpg

Re: Have Church Building - Will Travel

Originally posted by Lukester View Post
    700-year-old church on the move
    :p

On the move ... The Emmaus church is transported on a special trailer.
    Photo: Reuters

(N.B.! This church is built of BRICK, not framed !! )
    It might be worth noting that the church is being moved for a coal mine.

The move is necessary because the village of Heuersdorf is set to disappear, swallowed up by a massive coal mine. The town sits upon an estimated 52 million tons of lignite, or brown coal, which will be taken for use at the nearby power plant in Lippendorf.
    spiegel.de

Comment

Re: Have Church Building - Will Travel

Of course Zoog - good old fashoned coal BTU's are right up there next to Godliness and INDEPENDENCE FROM GAZPROM in the twenty-first century pantheon. Particularly so if you are in the EU watching the North Sea petroleum and gas wind down to a trickle.

How reassured would you feel about having your winter gas bills "conscientiously administered" by an entity run with all the free market enthusiasm and largesse of the existing ex-KGB claque of Gazprom executives?

Our Canadian brethren to the north are absolutely kind-hearted angels compared to the eastern neighbor the EU must look to for it's energy supplies in the next 20 years. For them this predicament is about to get downright hairy as Russia regards insinuating itself as a "reliable energy supplier" purely as a political tool.

Well, maybe our Canadian brethren aren't unmitigated angels now that I reflect, although I swear I have heard some people refer to them as "our better half" :eek: :eek: :eek:.

I am wondering whether they wish to be regarded as half of anything with us American wankers though ('specially us Californians!).

Comment

Working...
      X