Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crime in America gets KILLED (Neo-libs look away!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crime in America gets KILLED (Neo-libs look away!)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...-rate-plunging

Seems LOCKING THE BASTARDS UP er.....WORKS!
    Mike

Re: Crime in America gets KILLED (Neo-libs look away!)

This struck me as interesting:

A favourite of some sociologists was that economic hard times result in increased robbery and associated violence on the grounds that crime is a rational act prompted by particular circumstances. Yet, through the past three years of financial depression in the US, crime rates have not only continued to fall but the drop has accelerated in many cities.
    How much of the recent decline could be attributed to the fact that millions of people who used to work are now sitting at home unemployed? Burglars prefer to hit houses when the occupants aren't at home. I see a lot fewer cars on the road and people walking around. Maybe carjackers and muggers don't have as many people to pick on?

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

I thought we were supposed to Buy a GUN!

Comment

Dont' forget the overall percentage of obese and morbidly obese Americans continues to rise. It is far more difficult to commit a violent crime or a crime of opportunity when you are moving around on a scooter because you fat ass is unable to walk more than 5 steps without needing to stop for a break

See the Weird Al video "Fat" for a good example.

Comment

REPORTED crimes have decreased. Come on, does anyone really think crime is down? This has been rehashed on this forum numerous times. Lies and statistics.

Comment

Working...
          X