Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyz, Can't We Just Lighten Up & Enjoy the Moment

Maria Sharapova Extends Her Reach

WHEN Maria Sharapova won her first grand slam title in 2004, at age 17, she made the cover of Sports Illustrated. The issue showed Ms. Sharapova at the moment she became a household name, proudly beaming on court at Wimbledon in a body-skimming white tank dress from Nike. “Star Power,” the headline read.“And do you think I knew what Sports Illustrated was?” Ms. Sharapova said recently, recalling the moment when her agent, Max Eisenbud, first showed her the magazine, expecting her to be as excited as he was. “I knew what Vogue was, but I didn’t know what Sports Illustrated was.” Ms. Sharapova, over coffee at a SoHo hotel last month, laughed at herself, saying, “When you are young, you are a little naïve.”

Expanding her reach into the unexpected, she is about to announce a new partnership with Jeff Rubin, the man who helped create Dylan’s Candy Bar in 2001 and a chain of candy shops inside F. A. O. Schwarz stores (called F. A. O. Schweetz) in the 1990s, to develop her own brand of candy and sweets. Gumballs will be shaped like tennis balls, and gummy candies will be packaged in containers shaped like tennis-ball cans, according to plans drawn up by Mr. Rubin, who hopes to have them ready in time for a rollout at the United States Open in August.

The name of her brand? Sugarpova.

Frankly I don't care what she endorses. Just stay around . . . .

Re: Boyz, Can't We Just Lighten Up & Enjoy the Moment

Originally posted by don View Post

Maria Sharapova Extends Her Reach

“And do you think I knew what Sports Illustrated was?”

Frankly I don't care what she endorses. Just stay around . . . .
    uh huh... and yessir.. OH! how eye would've liked to have seen her _inside_ that particular 'annual' issue that shows up on the newstands in mar/apr...

Comment

Re: Boyz, Can't We Just Lighten Up & Enjoy the Moment

Expanding her reach into the unexpected,
      I like that. Almost like going to the Moon.

develop her own brand of candy and sweets. Gumballs will be shaped like tennis balls, and gummy candies will be packaged in containers shaped like tennis-ball cans,
      She's working on all the right products for Men.

Comment

Working...
      X