Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is what phony conservatism looks like: Americans gloat over tragedy in Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what phony conservatism looks like: Americans gloat over tragedy in Japan

Absolutely sickening.

And if you think these people don't describe themselves as "conservatives" and that they are not acting in the name of "American exceptionalism" than you don't have a clue as to the political reality in this country.

Re: This is what phony conservatism looks like: Americans gloat over tragedy in Japan

Spot on.

Comment

Re: This is what phony conservatism looks like: Americans gloat over tragedy in Japan

consider it to be a bonus, as it tells you who to avoid in real life (akin them holding a virtual "I'm a moron" flag)
      engineer with little (or even no) economic insight

Comment

babbittd,

In my opinion, treating these ignorant individuals like they speak for any majority or are representative of any particular group (conservatives) is intellectually dishonest. Sure, it is appalling that these individuals harbor and publicize these views, but it is not a reflection of conservatives or Americans in general. In spite of these ignorant individuals exercising their freedom of speech, you know that the US will do all it can to help the victims of the disasters in Japan, just like the US does for so many disaster victims around the world and thru the years. Take a chill pill, my friend, and quit trying to stir-up controversy on a group that deserves to be either ignored, or better yet, educated, but certainly not feared or given false importance.
        "...the western financial system has already failed. The failure has just not yet been realized, while the system remains confident that it is still alive." Jesse

Comment

As our world war II vets die, so do Japan's. I'm sure all the decision makers in Japan who decided to enter the war have long since passed. The few remaining Japanese vets who faught were the young ones who were just following orders. It was 70 years ago, please lets move on. The death toll now is low, but I watched the tsunami footage, and saw entire towns wiped out in minutes. After a few minutes I just had to shut it off. It was too depressing. Unless people were at work and not home they are gone. Innocents just trying to grind out a living and raise families just like you an me.

Comment

There is no link. Where was this posted?

Comment

Babbitta,
              You are as nutty as these crack pots! I know lots of people who would be considered Conservatives - and I know NONE that aren't saddened by the tragedy that is happening in Japan.

Its a Big World and there are lots of Nuts; there are Liberal Minded nuts and Conservative Nuts and people who are just Nuts.

Babbitta - there are so many very bright people that contribute to the discussion on itulip and most of your post revolve around the idea that the World would be a happy and utopian world without people without Conservative views.

Comment

Originally posted by BK View Post
                Babbitta,
                You are as nutty as these crack pots! I know lots of people who would be considered Conservatives - and I know NONE that aren't saddened by the tragedy that is happening in Japan.

Its a Big World and there are lots of Nuts; there are Liberal Minded nuts and Conservative Nuts and people who are just Nuts.

Babbitta - there are so many very bright people that contribute to the discussion on itulip and most of your post revolve around the idea that the World would be a happy and utopian world without people without Conservative views.
                Exactly. 500 million people plus on facebook so I'm sure one can cull some insensitive remarks. Please, spare us. At least this is in rant and rave. By the way, where do these people identify themselves as conservatives? Classic straw man argument.
                Greg

Comment

What I got from the initial posting:

Americans are clueless when it comes to calling themselves Conservatives.

Ditto Liberals.

The moronic response of those posted is a commonplace among a general population that for a few generations has been told it's the best educated, best informed, toughest, smartest, and all-round superior to anybody else, based on the "historical fact" that we have beaten everyone else.

I do not believe this is a uniquely American phenomenon. The extraordinary circumstances that resulted in total US dominance, outside of the SU block following WW2, would in time condition any other population to embrace their wonderfulness.

Comment

Conservatives? Where does it say what political affiliations this group of morons comes from??? Did it come from the John Birch Society forum or something? I counted at least six black posters, judging from the pictures. I suppose they are all conservative also. Seems to me the OP is the one trying to make political hay out of this tragedy.

Comment

A lot of these are probably due to Twitter.

Enabling posting of short blurbs without any effort or time spent = really stupid and crappy comments.

It is like a science fiction story 'The Ghost Brigades' - in this story all soldiers are genetically engineered super beings with computers + wireless connectivity (the Brain Pal) literally in their heads.

Besides the 'oops did I say that' issue where someone confuses an open channel with a private one (which I've done on Skype, called a friend 'my love' because I failed to switch over to my wife), there is now the capability to actually read minds via the Brain Pal and appropriate software upgrade.

The conclusion? It is a waste of time. The commentary there is that most people spend most of their time thinking about sex, then food, then waste elimination, then repeat.

I concur.

Comment

Video of the Tsunami. I don't it has been posted before.

http://freevideocoding.com/flvplayer...autostart=true

Comment

Originally posted by cjppjc View Post
                          Video of the Tsunami. I don't it has been posted before.

http://freevideocoding.com/flvplayer...autostart=true
                          Simply incredible footage. Amazing. Like something out of a disaster movie, only real.

Comment

Working...
                          X