Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BP, its a nightmare!

Originally posted by ThePythonicCow
    For a global currency basket to work as the world Reserve Currency, a means must exist to generate many trillions of "dollars" worth of such monetary unit.
    I left out a piece of the puzzle.

What creates the insatiable demand for these SDR/Wocu/whatever fiat Global notes?

Imagine that this new Carbon Tax has to be paid in these new fiat Global notes.

Then the steel trap slams shut

We would have an insatiable demand for a fiat construct which the world's bankers could create at the stroke of a pen. No, the bankers do not just "print" these notes. Rather, they create them as bookkeeping double entries. The other side of their ledger has what they call an "asset", that being our promise to pay back more of these fiat constructs in the future.

To get the energy we need now, we mortgage our grand-children's future (we've already mortgaged our children's future, from what I can tell.)

In another generation or two, when we (well, our descendants) cannot pay the debt, the bankers own the world .

The same mechanisms appear today in America and other fiat currency nations. Taxes are due in the "coin" fiat paper of the realm, thus creating an insatiable demand (backed by overwhelming force, as need be) for that currency. Bankers lend that paper into existence, and come to collect their due, with interest, later on. When the borrower defaults, the Banker collects the collateral.

I wonder what a Global 1099 form will look like?

I wonder if the Bankers will realize in time that this scheme to own civilization, if successful, would destroy it .
    Most folks are good; a few aren't.

Comment

Just as P-cow starts hitting Grand Slams everyone bails on the thread. What gives?

Originally posted by ThePythonicCow View Post
      I wonder if the Bankers will realize in time that this scheme to own civilization, if successful, would destroy it .
      What does "destroy" actually mean, in real terms from the perspective of a psychopath? And what if, by some unbelievable stretch of the imagination, you were to explore the possibility of this being a bigger goal?
      The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge ~D Boorstin

Comment

Originally posted by reggie View Post
        Just as P-cow starts hitting Grand Slams everyone bails on the thread. What gives?

What does "destroy" actually mean, in real terms from the perspective of a psychopath? And what if, by some unbelievable stretch of the imagination, you were to explore the possibility of this being a bigger goal?
        Crushing human civilization under your heel like an ugly bug ... now that's power!

Comment

Crushing human civilization under your heel like an ugly bug ... now that's power!
          No it is not; it is utter stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Coles View Post
            No it is not; it is utter stupidity.
            You're talking like a caring, sane, human being.

I was talking like what I imagined a powerful psychopathic might think (feel is the wrong word for them.)

Reggie was, I'm suspecting, indirectly warning us that if such b*st*rds get too much power, then it's not stupidity, it's dangerous.

Comment

This predates Orwell's 1984, and is much more honest.
              http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Dover-Boo...dp/0486473651/

"This, then, is our answer. We have no words to waste on you.
              When you reach out your vaunted strong hands for our palaces and
              purpled ease, we will show you what strength is. In roar of shell
              and shrapnel and in whine of machine-guns will our answer be
              couched.* We will grind you revolutionists down under our heel,
              and we shall walk upon your faces. The world is ours, we are its
              lords, and ours it shall remain. As for the host of labor, it has
              been in the dirt since history began, and I read history aright.
              And in the dirt it shall remain so long as I and mine and those
              that come after us have the power. There is the word. It is the
              king of words--Power. Not God, not Mammon, but Power. Pour it
              over your tongue till it tingles with it. Power."
              Attached Files
              The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge ~D Boorstin

Comment

Working...
              X