BP, its a nightmare!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BP, its a nightmare!

Neither did I make my comment in any way to assume that reggie is some sort of infiltrator. If I gave that impression I hereby apologise. It was not my intention.

Comment

Because I am also short on time, I will only respond to a couple key points. However, you're post is an excellent one and I have obviously misjudged you're level of understanding and openness. Perhaps we are more aligned than either of us previously thought.

Originally posted by warren_c View Post
      I am aware of that. We are in the proverbial "fog of war". I knew that from the beginning of this whole mess in the GOM . It is something I assume from the outset of any major world event where there are a lot of eyeballs on the event.
      What if this "Fog" that you refer to is actually a well developed science that is logical, rational and understandable? But to see it requires one to break through the existing frames that they perceive the world in.

Re - information:
      I think that information or data can be considered factual or " good" if it is corroborated by multiple sources over time and it is subject to falsifiability ( Popper) .
      This simple means that the corroborating sources reside in the same frame as the originating sources, which is the constraint of social reality.
      The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge ~D Boorstin

Comment

Wow. Just wow. It's CNN footage taken live from the White House press room. It's video of a television screen!

Keep playing the victim card Reggie, it's pathetically funny.

Comment

Why is "BP a disaster"? Just who are the so-called, "experts" and so-called, "scientists" who made the calculations about the mass or volume of oil being emmitted from the gusher? May I see their calculations and duplicate their estimates on my own, as an Earth scientist and a geographer? Why do I even have to ask for transparency here? What kind of so-called "science" is being offered here to scare the public?
          Last edited by Starving Steve; June 20, 2010, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Starving Steve View Post
            Why is "BP a disaster"? Just who are the so-called, "experts" and so-called, "scientists" who made the calculations about the mass or volume of oil being emmitted from the gusher? May I see their calculations and duplicate their estimates on my own, as an Earth scientist and a geographer? Why do I even have to ask for transparency here? What kind of so-called "science" is being offered here to scare the public?
            May I suggest you look-up "From Psyop to Mindwar" by US Army General Aquino
            http://www.xeper.org/maquino/nm/MindWar.pdf

MindWar conducts wars in nonlethal, non-injurious, and nondestructive ways. Essentially overwhelming the enemy with argument. You seize control of all of the means by which his government and populace process information to make up their minds, and you adjust it so that those minds are made up as you desire. Everyone is happy, no one gets hurt or killed, and nothing is destroyed.

Therein lies the Achilles’ heel of MindWar. Invoking as it does the most intense emotions and commitments of its audiences, it must deliver the goods as they are judged by the target audiences. If the ethical values of those audiences are not respected - if MindWar is used only in the service of ulterior motives and objectives - the resulting “dis-intoxication” can be socially shattering.
            The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge ~D Boorstin

Comment

1. I don't know who funds all of the NGO's that would require a vast amount of research and time. I will research it though. I am sure each NGO has a different purpose and mission. Some are probably good and some not so good.

You have obviously come to a definite conclusion about NGO's though. Which you are not revealing. Perhaps some elaboration on what you think they represent may be helpful.

2. RE: Foundations. I am aware of them ( FORD, ROCKEFELLER, etc..). I don't have any direct dealings with them. I know they influence public policy for what I think are laudable goals and also for what I think are not so laudable goals.

I will look up the book and read it. I have already seen enough and experienced enough horrible events in real life that not much could turn my stomach via reading a book about Public Foundations.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by babbittd View Post
                Wow. Just wow. It's CNN footage taken live from the White House press room. It's video of a television screen!

Keep playing the victim card Reggie, it's pathetically funny.
                So, I finally had a little time to review some of your other recent posts, and it seems as if you really do believe in the System of Objects [i.e. images] being presented to you, such as your references to Rhodes Scholar Rachell Madow, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, and the BP Oil "Spill".

This would explain the cognitive dissonance driven mean spirited reaction to my posts, which question the foundations of this object system that you so dearly hold on to. I think some reading of Baudrillard's Simulacrum & Simulation might help you work through the psychological challenges that we all face as we come to these realizations. I fully understand the tendency to lash-out at the messenger, this is a normal response.

Comment

Part of this thread is long due to "Rant and Rave". It is nothing to discuss, explanation was given right after the video. Discussion of "creating reality" has nothing to do with this event and this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by VIT View Post
                    Part of this thread is long due to "Rant and Rave". It is nothing to discuss, explanation was given right after the video. Discussion of "creating reality" has nothing to do with this event and this thread.
                    So, references to Baudrillard's "System of Objects" and his work on "Simulacra & Simulaction" and discussions regarding Berger & Luckman's "The Creation of Social Reality" deserve placement in "Rant and Rave"?

Is this your argument? If so, then may I highly recommend studying how the human brain processes images and how it further employs these inputs to orient one to the world, basing decisions and thoughts on said orientation.

Comment

• Re: BP, its a nightmare!

Originally posted by cjppjc View Post
                      Or it could be the end of the world.......

By RAY HENRY
                      updated 39 minutes ago

NEW ORLEANS - Scientists provided a new estimate for the amount of oil gushing from the ruptured well in the Gulf of Mexico on Tuesday that indicates it could be leaking up to 2.52 million gallons of crude a day.
                      A government panel of scientists said that the ruptured well is leaking between 1.47 million and 2.52 million gallons of oil daily. The figures move the government's worst-case estimates more in line with what an independent team had previously thought was the maximum size of the spill.
                      "This estimate brings together several scientific methodologies and the latest information from the sea floor, and represents a significant step forward in our effort to put a number on the oil that is escaping from BP's well," Energy Secretary Steven Chu said in a statement.

At roughy 44 gallons to a barrel, help me out what's the math?
                      Again, who are the so-called, "scientists" in the "government panel of scientists" under Energy Dept. Steven Chu"?????????????????

I know where Chu comes from: the Sierra Club.

Again, may I see their calculations and check their work? I am a very slow learner and slow thinker, and I need lots of help here. In college, I needed everything explained to me five times so that I could grasp the group-think and conventional wisdom being taught as " Earth-science".

Looking back at my university years, I think I didn't pester my professors enough.

Comment

Originally posted by reggie View Post
                        So, references to Baudrillard's "System of Objects" and his work on "Simulacra & Simulaction" and discussions regarding Berger & Luckman's "The Creation of Social Reality" deserve placement in "Rant and Rave"?

Is this your argument? If so, then may I highly recommend studying how the human brain processes images and how it further employs these inputs to orient one to the world, basing decisions and thoughts on said orientation.
                        If you want to discuss just this - make a new thread, why everybody has to read all this information which is irrelevant to the main topic. When you make this combination it reduces the creditability (at least for me) on all what is said.

Comment

Originally posted by Starving Steve View Post
                          And from whom is America going to buy its oil from if BP goes bankrupt or pulls-out of US waters?

The first lesson of the coin shop is: "He who holds the gold sets its price."

BP holds the oil, and the Obama Administration is not going to dictate the terms of what oil is going to be worth.

The tort lawyers and the Sierra Club will just add to the price of what oil is going to command.

Why should a company like BP have to sacrafice to drill in US waters if it is crucified for doing so?

The Albertans have a slogan for how BP should deal with the EPA and Obama and that bunch: "Let the Eastern-bastards freeze in the dark!"

If BP actually did "hold the oil" there wouldnt be a problem. Unfortunately, there seem to be tens or even a hundred thousand barrels an hour that they do not hold, and which is polluting a lot of other people's property.

I think it is funny that so many people are going out of their way to defend BP. This is a company that has a history of negligence. They are responsible for 97% of all the willful safety violations issued by the government against oil refiners in the last 3 years. They have pled guilty to price fixing here in the US, as well as overseas. They actually were a major reason that the Exxon Valdez spill was so bad, because they were actually supposed to be in charge of the quick response to that spill. Unfortunately, instead of actually having experts on call and equipment ready to go in case of a spill, BP decided to save money by hiring locals with no technical skill and letting their equipment sit snowed in and not ready to use, as it was legally supposed to be.

You can read the entire report from the Alaska Oil Spill Commission

http://pwsrcac.info/citizen-oversight/

Basically the Valdez spill would have been very minor, covering acres instead of 1100 miles of coastline. When the Valdez crashed into some rocks and ripped open, only a small percentage of the oil actually spilled out. Had the disaster response teams been ready, most of the oil would have been contained.

I guess you think the tort lawyers and the Sierra Club should just stay out of this and let BP pollute whatever they want. God forbid the price of oil goes up. And all those people who depend on the gulf for their livelihood should just keep their mouths shut and be happy that BP is still selling them oil.

Comment

Originally posted by VIT View Post
                            If you want to discuss just this - make a new thread, why everybody has to read all this information which is irrelevant to the main topic. When you make this combination it reduces the creditability (at least for me) on all what is said.

Like every other place on the internet, itulip seems to be getting overrun by conspiracy nutters.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanhulick View Post
                              I think it is funny that so many people are going out of their way to defend BP. This is a company that has a history of negligence.

During Medieval times and even until very recently, natural resources cannot be bought using money, they are gained through wars. Japan bombed Pearl Harbor to gain access to oil and resources in South East Asia. In 2001, 2000 civilians died tragicly because Usama thought that Saudi Arabia was selling oil too cheaply. After that, another 40,000 got maimed to catch the buggers and secure the oil in the Middle East.

Now, Obama decides to give away the oil FOC because oil is evil?
                              Last edited by touchring; June 24, 2010, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanhulick View Post
                                Like every other place on the internet, itulip seems to be getting overrun by conspiracy nutters.
                                Personally I think it's part of the process of "The Fourth Turning".

The sheeple are slowly waking up to the fact that they have been part of a grandiose system that is filled with lies, fraud, corruption, malfeasance, intentional misdirection, and theft for about 100 years now.

Don't you think that leads to a type of mass distrust on a global scale?

Comment

Working...
                                X