Wikileaks reveals video showing US air crew shooting down Iraqi civilians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wikileaks reveals video showing US air crew shooting down Iraqi civilians

Footage of July 2007 attack made public as Pentagon identifies website as threat to national security

A secret video showing US air crew falsely claiming to have encountered a firefight in Baghdad and then laughing at the dead after launching an air strike that killed a dozen people, including two Iraqis working for Reuters news agency, was revealed by Wikileaks today.

The footage of the July 2007 attack was made public in a move that will further anger the Pentagon, which has drawn up a report identifying the whistleblower website as a threat to national security. The US defence department was embarrassed when that confidential report appeared on the Wikileaks site last month alongside a slew of military documents.

The release of the video from Baghdad also comes shortly after the US military admitted that its special forces attempted to cover up the killings of three Afghan women in a raid in February by digging the bullets out of their bodies.

The newly-released video of the Baghdad attacks was recorded on one of two Apache helicopters hunting for insurgents on 12 July 2007. Among the dead were a 22-year-old Reuters photographer, Namir Noor-Eldeen, and his driver, Saeed Chmagh, 40. The Pentagon blocked an attempt by Reuters to obtain the video through a freedom of information request. Wikileaks director Julian Assange said his organisation had to break through encryption by the military to view it.
    Article continued: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...my-iraq-attack

Video: http://wikileaks.org/ or http://www.collateralmurder.com/

Re: Wikileaks reveals video showing US air crew shooting down Iraqi civilians

Originally posted by renewable View Post
    Footage of July 2007 attack made public as Pentagon identifies website as threat to national security

Article continued: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...my-iraq-attack

Video: http://wikileaks.org/ or http://www.collateralmurder.com/

Disgusthing.

The actors and the chain of command who authorized this should be jailed.

Meanwhile, the Western World is watching or even worse, "helping" in Afghanistan.

Comment

Reminds me of Vietham............

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mega View Post
        Reminds me of Vietham............

Mike
        Mike, in "Vietham" the US loses were much greater. The conflict also ended the day the draft was enacted.

Today, there is no draft, but only mercenaries raping what good is left of the USA and the world.

Comment

Someone compared it to My Lai, I don't know if it's true.
          Forty years ago, when Charlie Company went into My Lai to inflict some collective punishment, a helicopter pilot watching from above saw the carnage and did something to stop it. Nowadays, helicopter pilots make movies of their killings and beg a wounded man to make a suspect move so they can pump more 1 1/4" rounds into him. How completely depraved.
          http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.co...tagon-ctd.html

Comment

Originally posted by D-Mack View Post
            Someone compared it to My Lai, I don't know if it's true.
            ... and that what is leaked. :mad:

How many other atrocities we cannot watch on YouTube?

Comment

Time to bring back the draft, with no exemptions. And to promote the officer corp only after much psychological testing to eliminate those who delight in cruelty. All volunteer police and armed forces are an open invitation for the psychopaths and sociopaths to join.

Comment

Originally posted by Rajiv View Post
                Time to bring back the draft, with no exemptions. And to promote the officer corp only after much psychological testing to eliminate those who delight in cruelty. All volunteer police and armed forces are an open invitation for the psychopaths and sociopaths to join.
                YES! -> and for women too!

How many of these silly wars will we fight when our esteemed congressmen risk sending their own sons and daughters to die for ____________ ?

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post
                  YES! -> and for women too!

How many of these silly wars will we fight when our esteemed congressmen risk sending their own sons and daughters to die for ____________ ?

Well if Iraq had not attacked us on 9/11 none of this would have ever happened. ..... Oh, wait a minute,...... nevermind......

Comment

people in power are sociopaths so I don't think they want non sociopaths running the military. I think the only solution is not to play the sociopaths game. Keep it simple, only use community banks, only buy local product. Ghandi was successful coz he kept it simple. British forcing people to buy salt, well fuck em, we'll just all walk down to the sea and make our own frickin salt.

Comment

Originally posted by marvenger View Post
                      people in power are sociopaths so I don't think they want non sociopaths running the military. I think the only solution is not to play the sociopaths game. Keep it simple, only use community banks, only buy local product. Ghandi was successful coz he kept it simple. British forcing people to buy salt, well fuck em, we'll just all walk down to the sea and make our own frickin salt.
                      +1

(and the added characters here to allow me to post a "+1")

Comment

Collateral murder is still murder, but I beg to differ from the over all view-point of the British media, especially BBC and the Liberal Govn't in the UK which funds the BBC. Sorry, but I do not have any sympathy for Islamists, especially to-day.

I am ashamed that I stood-by and listened politely at UC Berkeley in 1969 when the future leaders of Iran were invited to speak about ousting the Shah of Iran and setting-up the world's first Islamic Republic. That is what passed for liberalism at UC Berkeley in those days, that plus rock concerts, pot-smoking, and long hair. Sadly, that stupid way of thinking is what still passes for liberalism in Britain to-day.

We have an affair to settle with the Islamists, and I have little sympathy for those who get in our way. That may sound like nazism, but please remember what happened in New York City on Sept 11, 2001.

May I remind kids here who may be reading this and wondering, that liberal Britain was the leading appeaser of Adolf Hitler and the nazis in Europe, even as late as 1938, lest we forget. And America was not much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Starving Steve View Post

We have an affair to settle with the Islamists, and I have little sympathy for those who get in our way. That may sound like nazism, but please remember what happened in New York City on Sept 11, 2001.
                          You said it, you're a Nazi all right.
                          Last edited by jtabeb; April 05, 2010, 05:59 PM.

Comment

After watching the video, I must say either the camera of the Apache has a crappy resulotion or they are clearly too far away. I couldn't tell what the guy peeking around the corner was holding. (around 4 minutes)
                            Does anybody know the technical specifications of the Apache cameras?

Comment

Originally posted by Starving Steve View Post

May I remind kids here who may be reading this and wondering, that liberal Britain was the leading appeaser of Adolf Hitler and the nazis in Europe, even as late as 1938, lest we forget. And America was not much better.

I wouldn't be too surprised cause he was their man, with Mussolini we can be sure.
                              Recruited by MI5: the name's Mussolini. Benito Mussolini

Documents reveal Italian dictator got start in politics in 1917 with help of £100 weekly wage from MI5

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...ited-mi5-italy

Comment

Working...
                              X