Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

China wants trade conflict to burst real estate bubble and transfer the blame on America?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China wants trade conflict to burst real estate bubble and transfer the blame on America?

I'm contemplating the possibility that China may want to a trade conflict that will burst the real estate bubble, and so transfer the blame on America.

A bubble burst is inevitable, as in all bubbles. If the bubble bursts, many Chinese home buyers will be very angry, and they will start to blame the property developers and government officials. And we know that in China, when people get angry, it is a violent affair, i.e. Xinjiang, Tibet. Stability of the country will be at risk.

However, if the CCP can convince the people that they are not culpable for the bubble burst, not only can they escape responsible but may even end up as heros, as we saw happened in Sichuan earthquake, 'an act of god natural disaster' when more than a hundred thousand people died because of bad building construction due to corruption and poor enforcement of building codes, but the CCP scored credit at the end because of the shift rescue efforts.
    Last edited by touchring; March 15, 2010, 12:49 AM.

Re: China wants trade conflict to burst real estate bubble and transfer the blame on America?

Originally posted by touchring View Post
    I'm contemplating the possibility that China may want to a trade conflict that will burst the real estate bubble, and so transfer the blame on America.

A bubble burst is inevitable, as in all bubbles. If the bubble bursts, many Chinese home buyers will be very angry, and they will start to blame the property developers and government officials. And we know that in China, when people get angry, it is a violent affair, i.e. Xinjiang, Tibet. Stability of the country will be at risk.

However, if the CCP can convince the people that they are not culpable for the bubble burst, not only can they escape responsible but may even end up as heros, as we saw happened in Sichuan earthquake, 'an act of god natural disaster' when more than a hundred thousand people died because of bad building construction due to corruption and poor enforcement of building codes, but the CCP scored credit at the end because of the shift rescue efforts.
    I wonder just how much control China has over this situation. A trade war will cause damage not just to the two protagonists, but will probably have global repercussions in a world struggling to recover from a deep recession.

However, in any such "war", betting against the USA, which would doubtless have considerable European support, and perhaps the Japanese cheering from the sidelines too, might be truly unwise...

Comment

Re: China wants trade conflict to burst real estate bubble and transfer the blame on America?

Originally posted by GRG55 View Post
      I wonder just how much control China has over this situation. A trade war will cause damage not just to the two protagonists, but will probably have global repercussions in a world struggling to recover from a deep recession.

However, in any such "war", betting against the USA, which would doubtless have considerable European support, and perhaps the Japanese cheering from the sidelines too, might be truly unwise...

As a Chinese government official, you wouldn't care the less. Your hoard made from flipping real estate and profits from land seized from the peasants will have been safely transferred out of China by now, and at the same time, your official position is secure - you don't have to be a fugitive because the blame has been transferred to the Westerners.

Comment

Working...
      X