Tactical Nuclear Penguin...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Nuclear Penguin...

Now here's just the thing to get one through Financial Armageddon. I was going to tag this onto one of Mega's posts, but an idea this good deserves its own thread, don't you think...
    Brewery creates high-alcohol tipple

FRASERBURGH, Scotland, Nov. 27 (UPI) -- A Scottish brewery says it has made a beer as strong as some distilled liquors, a brew an executive describes as "bold, energetic and uncompromising."

BrewDog has made only 500 bottles of Tactical Nuclear Penguin, The Daily Telegraph reports. It plans to sell half for 30 pounds (almost $50) a piece, with the rest going for 250 pounds ($410), including one share in the company.

The brewery in Fraserburgh near Aberdeen has a reputation for in-your-face beers. While Tactical Nuclear Penguin is 32 percent alcohol, BrewDog has already marketed Tokyo, an 18 percent alcohol beer, as well as a low-alcohol brew called Nanny State.

Tactical Nuclear Penguin hits the shelves during a public debate about how to curb binge drinking in Scotland.

"This beer is bold, irreverent and uncompromising, a beer with a soul and a purpose, a statement of intent," James Watt, BrewDog's managing director, said on the company's Web site. "Beer has a terrible reputation in Britain, it's ignorant to assume that a beer can't be enjoyed responsibly like a nice dram or a glass of fine wine."

Where's Batman when you really need him...

Re: Tactical Nuclear Penguin...

I have always been strongly opposed to most nuclear technologies, but this peaceful atom could convince me otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by GRG55 View Post
      Now here's just the thing to get one through Financial Armageddon. I was going to tag this onto one of Mega's posts, but an idea this good deserves its own thread, don't you think...
      Brewery creates high-alcohol tipple

FRASERBURGH, Scotland, Nov. 27 (UPI) -- A Scottish brewery says it has made a beer as strong as some distilled liquors, a brew an executive describes as "bold, energetic and uncompromising."

BrewDog has made only 500 bottles of Tactical Nuclear Penguin, The Daily Telegraph reports. It plans to sell half for 30 pounds (almost $50) a piece, with the rest going for 250 pounds ($410), including one share in the company.

The brewery in Fraserburgh near Aberdeen has a reputation for in-your-face beers. While Tactical Nuclear Penguin is 32 percent alcohol, BrewDog has already marketed Tokyo, an 18 percent alcohol beer, as well as a low-alcohol brew called Nanny State.

Tactical Nuclear Penguin hits the shelves during a public debate about how to curb binge drinking in Scotland.

"This beer is bold, irreverent and uncompromising, a beer with a soul and a purpose, a statement of intent," James Watt, BrewDog's managing director, said on the company's Web site. "Beer has a terrible reputation in Britain, it's ignorant to assume that a beer can't be enjoyed responsibly like a nice dram or a glass of fine wine."

Where's Batman when you really need him...

(not to veer off topic here but...)

Sad really - will they ever learn you can't solve a problem with more problem? Alcohol is NOT the answer, as I pray they learn to broaden their creative horizons before it's too late. Pity.

Hey it's only money, if you voted then you done ur part, stop bitching.

geez.

welcome to costco..............

Comment

I have tried high alcohol beer a few times. It doesn't taste too good.

Comment

Originally posted by cjppjc View Post
          I have tried high alcohol beer a few times. It doesn't taste too good.
          I'm guessing this stuff is much like Scotch [or haggis]...an acquired taste...

Comment

I Don't know whether to hope (or hope like hell they don't) use the Linux mascot

Originally posted by GRG55 View Post

Comment

Working...
            X