Too many laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many laws

No wonder the good ol USA is in such a mess...

[media]
    &ampnbsp
    &ampnbsp
    [/media]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAu5nV-vVvg
    Last edited by Crazyfingers; September 27, 2009, 10:24 PM. Reason: no luck embedding

Re: Too many laws

If youre trying to put a video on the forums from youtube, copy the "Embed" link and simply paste that into your message and that should do it...

For example just copy and paste this straight into your message:
    HTML Code:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nAu5nV-vVvg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nAu5nV-vVvg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Every interest bearing loan is mathematically impossible to pay back.

Comment

Originally posted by ricket View Post
      If youre trying to put a video on the forums from youtube, copy the "Embed" link and simply paste that into your message and that should do it...

For example just copy and paste this straight into your message
      My impression, from trying to help a couple of other iTulip members with video posting last week, is that most of them that you see having problems really are copying and pasting the YouTube embed string exactly as you describe.

For some reason that I was unable to figure out, when some people do this sometimes (apparently only on Windows) the embed string, by the time it gets placed into the iTulip Message composition window, gets mutiliated.

So I don't think this is operator error. I think that there is some software problem causing this, such as either a setting (that perhaps people could adjust, if we only knew which setting) or a software incompatibility (that perhaps could only be "fixed" by not using Windows ).
      Most folks are good; a few aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePythonicCow View Post
        For some reason that I was unable to figure out, when some people do this sometimes (apparently only on Windows) the embed string, by the time it gets placed into the iTulip Message composition window, gets mutiliated.
        I bet they are not hitting "Select All" before copying the link. So either the end or the beginning of the link is not getting copied.

Whenever I post a video, I make sure I have the whole thing, and I usually do that by either cmd-a (mac) or ctrl-a (pc) and then cmd-c,cmd-v (mac) or ctrl-c,ctrl-v (pc)...
        Every interest bearing loan is mathematically impossible to pay back.

Comment

I bet they are not hitting "Select All" before copying the link. So either the end or the beginning of the link is not getting copied.
          That would not explain the particular form of mutiliation that I saw last week, which appears to be truncation of the two long URL strings embedded in the HTML embed codes, which then cascades into further mutilation of the embed codes by the iTulip forum posting code as it tries to make sense of the insensible.
          Most folks are good; a few aren't.

Comment

Whenever I post a video, I make sure I have the whole thing, and I usually do that by either cmd-a (mac) or ctrl-a (pc) and then cmd-c,cmd-v (mac) or ctrl-c,ctrl-v (pc)...

Nope. I select all, copy, then paste.

Comment

Working...
            X