X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sign of the times

fyi:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=47529

this is so disturbing on so many levels, one doesn't quite know where to begin

Re: sign of the times

Originally posted by audrey_girl View Post
    fyi:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=47529

this is so disturbing on so many levels, one doesn't quite know where to begin

Well then allow me. $45.00 an hour begging.

Comment

How many times has a young Holywood starlet or pop singer had to "Have dinner" with a producer?

Nothing new & this is not that bad.
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by cjppjc View Post
        Well then allow me. $45.00 an hour begging.
        There were beggars around my college that were making BANK. A few of them lived together in a townhouse down the street... probably worth 1/2 million at the time. There is a lot of money in begging. .. the only problem I have with it myself is the whole "begging" part of it all. I could suck it up if my kids were homeless/hungry, but other than that, it is too shameful.

What kind of kid would let his mother go begging on the street ? He should be out there with his own tin-cup if dancing in high school is so important. What an a**hole!

Comment

Will there even be a demand for "dancers" in the future? It's not like he'll walk out of there with a law degree

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post

There is a lot of money in begging. .. the only problem I have with it myself is the whole "begging" part of it all.

Another one for The Hall of Fame.

Comment

Originally posted by cjppjc View Post
              Another one for The Hall of Fame.
              Hey laugh all you want, there is real money in it I know that in egypt begging is a profession mostly taken over by the criminal element/gangs.... There was a movie made about it...

They look at it from an ROI perspective, cut off an arm and you can make XX, cut off both arms and an poke out an eye and you can make YYY. It was actually mentioned that if they took some one off the streets and gave him an permanent injury they were actually giving him a skill set with which to make a living and survive

Comment

There was a scene in 'Slumdog Millionaire' that depicts this sort of thing. One of the kids was made blind in order to make more money begging. Another was made to carry a child all day as though she were the one responsible for it.

Comment

Working...
                X