Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tens of billions spent in new medication on arthritis, inflammation and pain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tens of billions spent in new medication on arthritis, inflammation and pain.

When the ginger can cure it all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turmeric

http://www.latimes.com/features/heal...,3196484.story

Some food for thought.

Re: Tens of billions spent in new medication on arthritis, inflammation and pain.

I don't know how well ginger works, but I have had arthitis since I was a teenager. I have tried so many cures I lost count. I have gone off sugar for 2 years, which no one could believe I would do.

I have done the gin and golden raisens which actually helped my elbows a lot. http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2005/...s-for-arthrit/

But glucosamine and chondroitin have almost cured me. It has been an amazing change after 45 years of pain.

jim

Comment

Re: Tens of billions spent in new medication on arthritis, inflammation and pain.

I had perhaps 0.001% of the joint pains you had Jim, with minor pains for hours, not substantial pains for decades. But glucosamine and chondroitin worked for me as well (what's 1/100 of one smiley look like?) It may well be that other dietary inputs are needed as well such as Omega 3 and 6 oils or Vitamins C, D or E or other stuff that I was already consuming in adequate amounts. Therefore simply adding glucosamine and chondroitin to a persons current diet may not be sufficient.
      Most folks are good; a few aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by jiimbergin View Post
        I don't know how well ginger works, but I have had arthitis since I was a teenager. I have tried so many cures I lost count. I have gone off sugar for 2 years, which no one could believe I would do.

I have done the gin and golden raisens which actually helped my elbows a lot. http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2005/...s-for-arthrit/

But glucosamine and chondroitin have almost cured me. It has been an amazing change after 45 years of pain.

jim
        For my cat-like curiosity, which joints have been arthritic since you were a teenager?

How old are you now or about how old?

What did you do when you worked, assuming you have now stopped?

If you don't work whatever was your regular job, when did you stop?
        Jim 69 y/o

"...Texans...the lowest form of white man there is." Robert Duvall, as Al Sieber, in "Geronimo." (see "Location" for examples.)

Dedicated to the idea that all people deserve a chance for a healthy productive life. B&M Gates Fdn.

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement. Unknown.

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/03/bu...health.html?em

Pfizer Pays $2.3 Billion to Settle Marketing Case

By GARDINER HARRIS
          Published: September 2, 2009

WASHINGTON — The pharmaceutical giant Pfizer agreed to pay $2.3 billion to settle civil and criminal allegations that it had illegally marketed its painkiller Bextra, which has been withdrawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Nickerson View Post
            For my cat-like curiosity, which joints have been arthritic since you were a teenager?

How old are you now or about how old?

What did you do when you worked, assuming you have now stopped?

If you don't work whatever was your regular job, when did you stop?
            As a teenager, primarily my knees. Later my elbows and hands. I am 65. I was an actuary, although I have always done a lot of manual work around the house and yard. I retired at 54.

My hands were my biggest problem later in life. If I did something like digging fence post holes, my hands ached even more than they usually did. Most mornings I would have to run hot water on them for quite a while to be able to do much with them. I still have compression gloves that I wear when needed to help them feel better. The gloves arer always in my pockets. But I rarely have to run hot water on them any more. The glucosamine and chondroitin have done wonders.

jim

Comment

Originally posted by jiimbergin View Post
              The glucosamine and chondroitin have done wonders
              See also "green lipped mussel."
              Most folks are good; a few aren't.

Comment

Working...
              X