Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Thread for Mega to post all his links to instead of starting new threads every time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Thread for Mega to post all his links to instead of starting new threads every time

Seeing as he always passes on links to start new threads, that's about it, and rarely states his opinion on matters, and most usually only garner a few posts, I figure this idea can cut out some thread spam and we can that way leave more important stuff on the News Forum Front Page longer.

Re: The Thread for Mega to post all his links to instead of starting new threads every time

Good luck with that.

Comment

Re: The Thread for Mega to post all his links to instead of starting new threads every time

Originally posted by cjppjc View Post
      Good luck with that.
      Yeah I know. Worth a shot though.

Comment

Originally posted by rj1 View Post
        Seeing as he always passes on links to start new threads, that's about it, and rarely states his opinion on matters, and most usually only garner a few posts, I figure this idea can cut out some thread spam and we can that way leave more important stuff on the News Forum Front Page longer.
        You could propose a new forum, such as:
        iTulip.com > Public Discussion Forums > MegaNews
        or less ad hominem and with perhaps a better chance of long term usefulness:
        iTulip.com > Public Discussion Forums > NewsQuickies
        Most folks are good; a few aren't.

Comment

You don't think Mega has opinions? This anti-American opinion is still fresh on my mind...

Re: FIRE Economy Fallout -- Part I: Recession ends, depression begins

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Mega
          3. Americans Love to "welch" on the deal.....From those 1st handskakes with the Red Indians, to selling the Rockafellow buildings to Japan & "Sacked" the Ports deal with the A-RABS...nothing gives an American more of a warm felling to know he shalfed the other guy.

Multiple posts reflect Mega's view of many Americans as being either dumb rednecks or genius financial cheats. Agreed, his posts are typically short, but when he does allow a peek inside his mind, it's a scary place to be for a "yank".
          "...the western financial system has already failed. The failure has just not yet been realized, while the system remains confident that it is still alive." Jesse

Comment

I like Mega's posts.

Please Mega - keep them coming!

Comment

When i say American , i mean (mosty) W.A.S.P........Either based in England or America.
              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mega View Post
                When i say American , i mean (mosty) W.A.S.P........Either based in England or America.
                Mike
                Thanks, Mike!

from an All-American Mongrel, raised as an Irish Catholic :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by rjwjr View Post
                  You don't think Mega has opinions? This anti-American opinion is still fresh on my mind...
                  Multiple posts reflect Mega's view of many Americans as being either dumb rednecks or genius financial cheats. Agreed, his posts are typically short, but when he does allow a peek inside his mind, it's a scary place to be for a "yank".
                  Aw shucks, rjwjr. One must go easy on the Brits you know. They've had a bit of rough century of it, falling from the worlds super power to a small island slipping into poverty. One must allow them their odd humor and warm beer.

Comment

A bit more seriously, there is a fine article in The Dallas Morning News explaining the decline in the American work ethic since the 1960's at Steven Malanga: Whatever happened to the work ethic?.

This article might offer Brits (and others) some insight to some of the major themes of American culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Mega View Post
                      Mike
                      Ah. So you're not just racist toward Americans, you're racist toward White Anglo-Saxon Protestants?

Comment

Originally posted by audrey_girl View Post
                        I like Mega's posts.

Please Mega - keep them coming!

Okay. Here is a Mega post for you.

"EUROPE IS BURNING TO THE GROUND!"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8216622.stm

Comment

Originally posted by ThePythonicCow View Post
                          A bit more seriously, there is a fine article in The Dallas Morning News explaining the decline in the American work ethic since the 1960's at Steven Malanga: Whatever happened to the work ethic?.

This article might offer Brits (and others) some insight to some of the major themes of American culture.
                          Not my culture, so it can't be "the American culture". Me and the people around me work hard, we're required to in order to make money to live on.

Comment

easy on mike. he is a great reporter! who wants to be his editor?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePythonicCow View Post
                              One must allow them their odd humor and warm beer.
                              Having brewed many a keg I can tell you Brits know more about beer than most. The storing temperature for maturing brew is just about perfect also for enjoying it's eventual ripe flavor. The flavors of commercial brews are so inferior that it's not surprising people drink it cold.

Comment

Working...
                              X