X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone remember this Gem?

Courtesy: General Motors
    1. GM Partners With Segway
    It became clear this spring that General Motors was going to have to get smaller to survive, but this was ridiculous. A week after President Obama gave the company a 60 day deadline to avoid bankruptcy, GM took time out from its turnaround efforts to unveil the PUMA, a two-seat vehicle being developed with Segway that looked more like a rickshaw than a car.
    The vehicle, capable of going only 35 mph and traveling 35 miles between charges, got lots of attention, but did little to change popular opinion about the company that had ridden large SUVs to the cusp of failure. On June 1, GM filed for bankruptcy.
    I first saw this on Itulip.com several months ago.

Made #1 Fortunes biggest corporate blunders list.
    Last edited by flintlock; July 02, 2009, 12:08 PM.

Re: Anyone remember this Gem?

I think this may still work- if they switch to rickshaws.

1. One Americano hired per rickshaw...minimum! (In states like California with mandatory furloughs, figure on 2, minimum)

2. As green as it can get!

3. GM can (probably) manufacture them, though outsourcing to the East makes even more sense here than usual. Shouldn't be much of a political cost- see 1 above.

4. I'm thinking Federal Funding here.

5. Cap and Trade. Wow...just think of the credits to exploit. Goldman, can you hear me.

Comment

Solve the unemployment problem AND reduce health care costs due to rickshaw'ers running 20 miles day.

Comment

Originally posted by flintlock View Post
        Solve the unemployment problem AND reduce health care costs due to rickshaw'ers running 20 miles day.
        I think this thing could snowball. That might be a catchy title for Anglo rickshaw "drivers". Snowballs. Beats boy, I suppose.

Comment

Working...
        X