Update from the maternity ward...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update from the maternity ward...

Your very own LargoWinch will be blessed with his first one later this evenning or during the night.

Actually, the wife will be doing all the work...

-reporting from an hospital room in Toronto.

Re: Update from the maternity ward...

All the best to you and yours, Mr. Winch:cool:

Comment

Congratulations! One of the "funnest" things in life is to spend time with a baby and a small child. It's really enjoyable to see the wonders of the world through their little eyes, everything is so new and exciting for them.

Comment

Originally posted by LargoWinch View Post
        Your very own LargoWinch will be blessed with his first one later this evenning or during the night.

Congrats!!!

I've lit up the cigar already.

I was starting to wonder how we were going to keep "The System" going. Good to see you're doing your part to make sure there's somebody to help pay our CPP.

Comment

This is a moment you will never forget. Enjoy. I am happy for you. And as I said before, I envy you.

Only LargoWinch Jr can save the world.

Comment

That's great news! Boy are you in for it! Your life will never be the same. But its all good. Well most. Not the barfing and emergency room visits.

Comment

Thanks all.

We have been at the hospital since 1pm. Inducing drug was given at around 6pm for various reasons.

It seems it will all happen late during the night, but me and the wife appreciate the kind and funny words.

...Despite being equipped of only a blackberry, it is comforting to know that I have access to the web's best.

Comment

congrats, largo!

Comment

Thanks all.

We have been at the hospital since 1pm. Inducing drug was given at around 6pm for various reasons.

It seems it will all happen late during the night, but me and the wife appreciate the kind and funny words.

...Despite being equipped of only a blackberry, it is comforting to know that I have access to the web's best.
                  Oh your wife is going to love those induced contractions. They really rack your body. Don't tell her what I wrote.:eek:

Comment

Originally posted by World Traveler View Post
                    Congratulations! One of the "funnest" things in life is to spend time with a baby and a small child. It's really enjoyable to see the wonders of the world through their little eyes, everything is so new and exciting for them.
                    Not to throw a turd in the punch bowl, but the fun part doesn't usually start right away. MetalMan had the right idea. Over half of babies are colicky for the first 3 months or so, cry a LOT, don't sleep well and have nothing to give you back emotionally. Our first (girl) was hell for about four months. Second (boy) was blessedly quiet. Both grew into wonderful kids, now young adults. I give this warning to new parents so they don't feel guilty or disillusioned if their baby seems unhappy. Many have thanked me later. If this is your experience, Largo, hang in there, the rewards will come. If you are one of the lucky ones, with a quiet sleeper who smiles early, all the better.

Comment

Get off of Itulip you loser and rub your wife's back or something. And don't forget to man up and cut the cord!

Comment

My good friends told me that once I became a parent, I'd soon be asking myself why I waited so long.

They were right.

Then again, I'm only 6 months ahead of you on this, Largo . . .

"Welcome to the club" ;)

Comment

LW,

Congrats!

Not going to name the kid Eric or Fred are you? :eek:

Comment

Originally posted by c1ue View Post
                            LW,

Congrats!

Not going to name the kid Eric or Fred are you? :eek:

I think he's leaning towards $#*.

Comment

Originally posted by cjppjc View Post
                              Oh your wife is going to love those induced contractions. They really rack your body. Don't tell her what I wrote.:eek:
                              My wife had a hard time with those induced contractions too. I'm sure everything will go well and today will be a day you will always remember. Congrats on becoming parents!

Jimmy

Comment

Working...
                              X