N Korea & Treasuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N Korea & Treasuries

I'm not partial to tinfoil hatting without evidence, but here's a juicy one I dreamed up this morning for your consideration:

What if, N Korea's nuclear detonation, reactor restart and threat of war with the South is done at the behest of China, with the tacit approval of the US, to support treasuries just at their hour of need?

A win-win for China and the US. I would be proven wrong if war actually materialises.

Crazy yet plausible...
    It's Economics vs Thermodynamics. Thermodynamics wins.

Re: N Korea & Treasuries

Originally posted by *T* View Post
    I'm not partial to tinfoil hatting without evidence, but here's a juicy one I dreamed up this morning for your consideration:

What if, N Korea's nuclear detonation, reactor restart and threat of war with the South is done at the behest of China, with the tacit approval of the US, to support treasuries just at their hour of need?

A win-win for China and the US. I would be proven wrong if war actually materialises.

Crazy yet plausible...
    Been thinking the same. Hence the "fear of war post" yesterday in response to the equities vs. treasuries money flow question in your treasury auction thread.

http://itulip.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10085
    Last edited by Jay; May 27, 2009, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by *T* View Post

Crazy yet plausible...
      Sorry, but the idea that anyone would allow Kim Jong-il, one of the most psychotic, paranoid, nut cases on the planet, in a country that allows large segments of it's population to starve to death, and that kidnaps foreign citizens, and is now entering a power vacuum, access to nuclear weapons in order to support treasury bonds, is a stretch that wouldn't even make a good B movie.

Comment

I will use this thread to introduce a source to folks that are unaware of it, straight from the North Koreans themselves:

http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm

The Korean Central News Agency is the state-run agency of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
        It speaks for the Workers' Party of Korea and the DPRK government.
        It was founded on December 5, 1946.
        It is located in the capital city of Pyongyang. It has branches in provincial seats and in some foreign countries.
        News is transmitted to other countries in English, Russian, and Spanish.
        The KCNA is in charge of uniform delivery of news and other informations to mass media of the country,including newspapers and radios.
        It develops the friendly and cooperative relations with foreign news agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by we_are_toast View Post
          Sorry, but the idea that anyone would allow Kim Jong-il ... access to nuclear weapons in order to support treasury bonds, is a stretch that wouldn't even make a good B movie.
          Presumably the real control of the nuclear weapons in North Korea is in Chinese hands, not Kim's.
          Most folks are good; a few aren't.

Comment

Working...
          X