Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crowd Of 10,000 Overwhelms N.H. Job Fair

Originally posted by vanvaley1 View Post
    I'd be interested in knowing what the trigger will be that sets it off: gasoline prices, food prices, expiration of unemployment benefits, grid failure, another war, etc. etc. etc. ?
    Food shortages and, in urban areas, break down of social order.
    Most folks are good; a few aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by metalman View Post
      shit storm summer 2010 is my guess.
      I bet later. 2010 is a midterm election year. Next year they'll be pumping the stimulus dollars into people's pockets and talking up the economy at an even more furious pace than now.

Winter 2010 - Spring 2011 my guess...

Comment

Originally posted by GRG55 View Post
        I bet later. 2010 is a midterm election year. Next year they'll be pumping the stimulus dollars into people's pockets and talking up the economy at an even more furious pace than now.

Winter 2010 - Spring 2011 my guess...
        Too cold in winter. Too horny in spring. Summer of 2000 and something.

Comment

I'd be interested in knowing what the trigger will be that sets it off: gasoline prices, food prices, expiration of unemployment benefits, grid failure, another war, etc. etc. etc. ?
          My guess is that it will be a critical mass of unemployed whose benefits run out: Plenty of time on their hands, hungry kids, foreclosure threat, and easy grass roots organizing for demonstrations using the internet.
          raja
          Boycott Big Banks • Vote Out Incumbents

Comment

Maybe a heat wave in summer? Nothing like unbearable heat without air conditioning (now unaffordable) to drive people into the streets.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              Maybe a heat wave in summer? Nothing like unbearable heat without air conditioning (now unaffordable) to drive people into the streets.
              So our hope for an impotent trigger is to pray for global cooling?

Comment

Working...
              X