GOLD getting KILLED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLD getting KILLED!

Well, its down a bit & high time for (yet) Another Gold thread.

Mike

Re: GOLD getting KILLED!

Mike, look at a 1 year gold/gbp chart, stop worrying about it and go get a life.

Comment

Who could have known, eh?

Comment

I love it when things go on sale, I'm adding more.

Comment

We_are_toast -

If you wait a few months you'll get even juicier prices in the mid summer. The PM's are going to be notably weak this summer IMO. How about another $100 off?

Originally posted by we_are_toast View Post
          I love it when things go on sale, I'm adding more.

Comment

Originally posted by Lukester View Post
            Who could have known, eh?
            Wake me up when it's crashed more than 50% and some of us could possibly be looking at a small nominal loss...

On a far more interesting subject, what is wrong with San Diego? Granted it doesn't have that character & history that is lacking in most of the US (apart from, IME - in declining order - Key West, San Francisco, Maui, NY)... But it does have sea, some small waves and lots of women in bikinis?

Comment

Whoops, Fed's going to buy $300 bill in treasuries, gold up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mega View Post

Mike

It's shooting back up, thanks to the Fed's decision to buy long-term Treasuries? Spike coincides with Bernanke's speech, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mega View Post

Mike

Well it sure isn't getting killed anymore!!

Funny how the fold price allways tanks ahead of FOMC, then has a huge spike. It's almost, a regular occurance.

Comment

The gals in bikinis are gorgeous, (in a glossy supermarket apple kind of way). But when you stop to chat and they start to natter, you hear this nasal valley speak and if you are me, you want to run a thousand miles away and be chatting with a nice foreign girl instead (anywhere else sounds good!). Sorry, it's just a matter of taste I guess. Overheard conversations sound like this:

"so I was like, unreal! I mean, get out of here?"

"yeah?"

"and he was like, well if yer going ta be more than half an hour forget it, we'll just give the movie tix to Ashley"

"yeah really"?

"and I was like - Robert! Where do you get off? You know whaddeye mean?"

"yea, I know what your saying - It's totally like un-frikken-real. Where does he get off!".

So help me God - I think I'm going slowly mad down here. Starting to get Robinson Crusoe syndrome (as in "get me a desert island, quick!"). I will gladly accept ten years of silence on a desert island over hearing this chatter for another decade.

Originally posted by renewable View Post
                    Wake me up when it's crashed more than 50% and some of us could possibly be looking at a small nominal loss...

On a far more interesting subject, what is wrong with San Diego? Granted it doesn't have that character & history that is lacking in most of the US (apart from, IME - in declining order - Key West, San Francisco, Maui, NY)... But it does have sea, some small waves and lots of women in bikinis?
                    Last edited by Contemptuous; March 18, 2009, 01:52 PM.

Comment

If you guys are getting your roadmap from one day's price action it's going to be a wild up and down ride. Take a read off the horizon line, not the daily action. Nice spike up - Fed jawboning. Woo hoo. Want to hang your hat on that as the reliable call for the end of 2009, go right ahead. Gold looks net down from here to this reader. Let's take a position check in July.

Comment

Man, these FOMC meetings just shot stuff through the roof...

Dollar tanked, gold and S&P shot up...

Dollarindex.jpg

SPEmini.jpg

Goldfuture.jpg
                        Last edited by karim0028; March 19, 2009, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Are you "A" Camp or "B" Camp?

Ed.

Comment

So help me God - I think I'm going slowly mad down here. Starting to get Robinson Crusoe syndrome (as in "get me a desert island, quick!"). I will gladly accept ten years of silence on a desert island over hearing this chatter for another decade.
                            Must admit, I visited along with a far more attractive friend, and usually I can spin a line or two and somehow convince someone out of my league to make out with a troll.... But most of CalifornIA was purely about physical appereance. San Francisco was different, though.

Went to one of my cousin's French classes at UCLA San Diego, which was quite an experience... as far as I can recall, it was 2nd or 3rd year (minor admittedly) and they were struggling with 'bonjour'.

Tijuana helped to forget though.... I have never seen so many drunk (young) women...

Whilst on a ramble, I (think I did; didn't go back) helped to transform the Tijuana hawker economy a little - about 2 decades ago. We were sitting in the queue of cars to get back into the US - well over an hour long - with eveyone sitting in the big cars - engines & air con off, with windows open, sweat dripping, swatting away the Mexicans trying to sell them ceramic Bart Simpson figurines.

Myself and a friend went for a walk around and found a small newsagents who was selling chilled cans of Coke for (IIRC - maybe it was less) 50 cents a can. We bought a load and as we were walking back to our car when some swealtering American offered to buy one off us for $1. Sold!.... We sold them all well before we got back to the car, went back and spent the profits on 2x the number of cans... repeated the process a number of times until we got bored. Until this day, the memory of all these Mexicans carrying their ceramic Bart Simpsons - just standing there watching us ply our new trade, with our chilled Coke cans being grabbed left, right and center stays with me...
                            Last edited by renewable; March 18, 2009, 01:57 PM. Reason: edit: gulp it was almost 2 decades ago, not one.... Getting old!

Comment

If you guys are getting your roadmap from one day's price action it's going to be a wild up and down ride. Take a read off the horizon line, not the daily action. Nice spike up - Fed jawboning. Woo hoo. Want to hang your hat on that as the reliable call for the end of 2009, go right ahead. Gold looks net down from here to this reader. Let's take a position check in July.
                              Are you "A" Camp or "B" Camp?

Ed.

Comment

Working...
                              X