Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trump to Win?

This is Trump's plan for his first 100 days in office:

1. Propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress
    2. Institute a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health)
    3. Require for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated.
    4. Institute a five year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service
    5. Create a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.
    6. Institute a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.
    7. Announce intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205.
    8. Announce withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
    9. Direct Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator.
    10. Direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately.
    11. Lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.
    12. Lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward.
    13. Cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure.
    14. Cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama.
    15. Begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States.
    16. Cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities.
    17. Begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won’t take them back.
    18. Suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.
    19. Work with Congress on a Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.
    20. Work with Congress on a End The Offshoring Act. Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.
    21. Work with Congress on a American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.
    22. Work with Congress on a School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to gives parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends common core, brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable.
    23. Work with Congress on a Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.
    24. Work with Congress on a Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.
    25. Work with Congress on an End Illegal Immigration Act. Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.
    26. Work with Congress on a Restoring Community Safety Act. Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.
    27. Work with Congress on a Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values
    28. Work with Congress on a Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.
    While I don't agree on every point, namely school vouchers, healthcare savings accounts as a viable solution to our broken healthcare system, and establishing new "Task Forces" to solve anything, a lot of this is terrific!

Term limits and ethics reform are way overdue. Restrictions on new regulations is way overdue. Expanding vocational-technical education in public schools is way overdue. Those programs have been decimated with the false idea that "every child should go to college." 'Illegal immigration' reform is way overdue. I like the idea of ending federal funding to sanctuary cities and revoking visas for countries that refuse the return of their criminal citizens.

"Work with Congress on a American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral."

This is what EJ prescribed years ago.

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

Originally posted by santafe2 View Post
      No, they pay their US Senators to allow them to sell a product that poisons the atmosphere and the oceans and they only want to hear them speak for coal on the Senate floor. Thankfully coal companies are going out of business.
      Coal actually had and may still have a practical, useful purpose. I'm not aware of what product Clinton is selling and how it was or is useful (beneficial to American society as a whole.) And there is also a substantial difference between lobbying (paying into a Congressman's fund to get elected) versus whatever it is that is Clinton's speeches are (the Clinton family keeps the money for itself and has no restrictions on how the money is used.)

Comment

"Clinton Ally Aided Campaign of FBI Official’s Wife

Group linked to Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe donated nearly half a million dollars to 2015 state Senate "

The FBI official was a key individual in the investigation of Hillary Clinton's emails.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/clinton-...ife-1477266114
        Last edited by vt; October 23, 2016, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Podesta exposes oversampling of Democrats in polls:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...gh-oversamples

Comment

Originally posted by vt View Post
            Podesta exposes oversampling of Democrats in polls:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...gh-oversamples

It appears that the democrats will win because all the major powers in the world want them to win:

1. Far Eastern countries that export to the US markets don't want Trump to win because he is seen as anti-free trade. Exporting countries want status quo because what benefited for the last 20 years should benefit them for the next 10 years.

2. The Bankers don't want Trump to win for the same reason - a lot of money can be made from trading at both ends - bringing goods to the US to sell, and selling US goods to the Far East. The other reason is because Clinton is deemed easier to control with regards to American foreign policy in the Middle East and Russia.

3. The Saudis want Clinton to win because she appears to be more hawkish and supportive of their war against Yemen and Assad/Russia.

4. ISIS don't want Trump to win for obvious reasons. ISIS thrive in chaos, the more chaos Clinton is going to create in the middle east, the more members they'll be able to recruit.

Hence it would seem that the whole world, except Russia wants Clinton to win.

Clinton will be the president of the world so to speak.
            Last edited by touchring; October 24, 2016, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shiny! View Post
              This is Trump's plan for his first 100 days in office:

While I don't agree on every point, namely school vouchers, healthcare savings accounts as a viable solution to our broken healthcare system, and establishing new "Task Forces" to solve anything, a lot of this is terrific!
              A lot of it is terrific, but on the best points he's going to have some difficulty (understatement) working with Congress, frankly. He can't even get support from the Speaker at this point.

He might as well say he's going to persuade ISIS fighters to mutiny and destroy itself from within:

1. Propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress
                Great idea; too bad it would have to pass 2/3 the House and the Senate, who might be negatively affected by such a proposal.
              2. Institute a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health)
              3. Require for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated.
                Logistically and semantically impossible: what defines a regulation? A single "regulation" can have thousands of line items, so they could strike two prior line items and issue one new "regulation." It's a silly idea, frankly.
              4. Institute a five year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service
                Impossible. He could require his own cabinet to "pledge" not to enter lobbying, but how could he enforce it? The president has no control over Congressional staffers and officials, let alone what ventures they pursue after they leave public service.
              5. Create a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.
                Again, there's no way to do this without literally creating a new class of individual who can't enter into that particular enterprise (like, "felon", who can't vote in certain states).
              6. Institute a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.
                This, also sadly, would require an act of Congress (and possibly 50 acts of congresses).

Comment

Originally posted by bpr View Post
                A lot of it is terrific, but on the best points he's going to have some difficulty (understatement) working with Congress, frankly. He can't even get support from the Speaker at this point.

He might as well say he's going to persuade ISIS fighters to mutiny and destroy itself from within:

Working with congress is not relevant. All he can really do is expose it or threaten to expose it. If he gets in he has the FBI. He could then unleash hell on Congress.

Comment

Video 3 is up. Hillary and the DNC are also involved:

http://projectveritasaction.com/vide...on-involvement

Comment

Originally posted by gwynedd1 View Post
                    Working with congress is not relevant. All he can really do is expose it or threaten to expose it. If he gets in he has the FBI. He could then unleash hell on Congress.
                    I highly doubt it, unless he really does pull an "Il Presidente" and we go banana republic in earnest. He could issue Executive Orders, and those could go a long way toward his immigration goals and halting the ACA, but most of these proposals require the power of the purse, which is firmly in the hands of Congress (or even Mexico).

As for "draining the swamp," he'll need the help of a lot of fat alligators to do that.

Like Mexico reimbursing for the wall, it's a pipe dream.

Comment

Wasn't it said that at least a portion of the reimbursement can come from what the U.S. normally gives to Mexico in foreign aid?

Comment

Originally posted by Milton Kuo View Post
                        Wasn't it said that at least a portion of the reimbursement can come from what the U.S. normally gives to Mexico in foreign aid?
                        Not by him in his plan:
                        Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall
                        Trump projects the cost at $10-12 billion (economists estimate from $15-25B, though some have surmised that the wall will be far cheaper and more symbolic than anything), while aid to Mexico is under $600 million per year (and falling). So, "reimbursement" by way of cutting aid would take something on the order of two to three decades.

Comment

Originally posted by Milton Kuo View Post
                          I...As long as you pay her enough money, she'll say and do what you want. If there were such thing as an organization called Shoeshine Boys of America that was able to pay HRC $250,000 for a 30-minute speech, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she preached that shiny shoes are the very genesis and foundation of the American Empire.
                          Have you read the transcripts? I'd have agreed with you before I read the excerpts, but in some of them she accentuates her differences with her benefactors.

MR. SVOKOS: Secretary Clinton, this is a room filled with individuals from the pharmaceutical industry. The policies that you proposed to contain health care costs in the '90's, mainly price controls, were not exactly popular with our industry at the time. Has your opinion changed since then? What policies would you propose today? SECRETARY CLINTON: Well, I have to start by saying I don't think we proposed price controls. We proposed more competition, more transparency, state exchanges, if those sound familiar, to entice greater negotiation over price. And I still believe in greater negotiation over price. (Hillary Clinton Remarks at DCAT – New York City, 3/13/14)
                          When I was a Senator from New York, I represented and worked with so many talented principled people who made their living in finance. But even thought I represented them and did all I could to make sure they continued to prosper, I called for closing the carried interest loophole and addressing skyrocketing CEO pay. I also was calling in '06, '07 for doing something about the mortgage crisis, because I saw every day from Wall Street literally to main streets across New York how a well-functioning financial system is essential. (Hillary Clinton’s Remarks at Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd in San Diego, 9/04/14)
                          I admit that I don't think I can stomach the full GS speeches that were leaked, and there was plenty of "backbone of the economy" and regulation-from-within. But the "flags" excerpts were really interesting. And in some cases, I wondered why these excerpts would be flagged at all, because they didn't seem to be at all at odds with her policy... but then I realized that her benefactors might actually take exception to some of them.

After reading the excerpts, I would say that a Shoeshine Boys speech would talk at length about the amazing things that shoeshine boys have done, at greater length about the amazing things she has done, and then briefly argue that great advancements in shoeshine were on the horizon if only they'd allow women and girls into their club.

Comment

I highly doubt it, unless he really does pull an "Il Presidente" and we go banana republic in earnest. He could issue Executive Orders, and those could go a long way toward his immigration goals and halting the ACA, but most of these proposals require the power of the purse, which is firmly in the hands of Congress (or even Mexico).

As for "draining the swamp," he'll need the help of a lot of fat alligators to do that.

Either I don't know what you are talking about, or you don't know what I am talking about.

Let me explain it this way. Trump is not part of the basic political landscape. Its a bit like a lawyer explained to me once. With the large software houses, they trade and bargain patents because otherwise no one could do business. That is why the loan wolf with a patent was a problem. They just want their money.They don't care about horse trading patents

Trump my not play by the house rules and may let the lower level FBI people loose not according to how the "Widows and Orphans" fund may be used.

Comment

Originally posted by gwynedd1 View Post
                              Either I don't know what you are talking about, or you don't know what I am talking about.

Let me explain it this way. Trump is not part of the basic political landscape. Its a bit like a lawyer explained to me once. With the large software houses, they trade and bargain patents because otherwise no one could do business. That is why the loan wolf with a patent was a problem. They just want their money.They don't care about horse trading patents

Trump my not play by the house rules and may let the lower level FBI people loose not according to how the "Widows and Orphans" fund may be used.
                              I'm talking about going totally off-script (scrapping the Constitutional duties/powers), and literally declaring that he has the power to do things which the president has no Constitutional right to. That's the only way I see him getting these kinds of things done.

Are you suggesting he use the FBI to dig up/release info on members of Congress in order to expose them, or have a bargaining chip with them so as to get their vote on things they would never go for, like term limits? That'd be kind of the same thing, I guess (different mechanism, same result).
                              Last edited by bpr; October 24, 2016, 06:43 PM.

Comment

I'm talking about going totally off-script (scrapping the Constitutional duties/powers), and literally declaring that he has the power to do things which the president has no Constitutional right to. That's the only way I see him getting these kinds of things done.

Are you suggesting he use the FBI to dig up/release info on members of Congress in order to expose them, or have a bargaining chip with them so as to get their vote on things they would never go for, like term limits? That'd be kind of the same thing, I guess (different mechanism, same result).
                                BPR, he doesn't have to do that or make any such declaration. Other than perhaps a letter to a cabinet secretary here or there using the word "emergency," what would be the point of declaring anything? As far as the Constitutional duties and powers, that ship sailed in the Cheney administration and Obama has doubled down on Bush in every possible metric. No other president has had his own personal morning kill list, as Obama has practically boasted.

We're at war with 5 countries and one phone call away from a sixth with Syria and seventh with Russia on the basis of a 15 year old Authorization to Use Force deployed against regimes that no longer exist. We went to war in Iraq under false pretenses, unleashing chaos across the region. Fought against Al-Qaeda Afghanistan and Iraq only to ally with them in Syria. And we retain an Atlantic military alliance created to deter a Soviet military alliance that no longer exists. Only now it seems to many that we are the aggressor threatening to roll into the Russian frontier. That is unless the tempo of operations causing our men to commit suicide in ever greater numbers than those who fall from enemy action debase readiness further still and the Chief's decide it's not such a good plan after all.

Are these the sorts of "off-script" powers and things which no president has a right to do that you're talking about?

I'm pretty sure you're clued in enough to understand what Gwyn means by using the FBI. Investigating and prosecuting public corruption is a key reason we have an FBI and I'm wondering why that seems illegitimate or outside the pale of presidential behavior to you?

After Director Comey's increasingly curious investigation of Clinton's failure to secure information and his decision not to prosecute, I think people would be ready to see an intense focus on public corruption. What would it do to the lagging morale and tension in the FBI in the wake of the Director's decision if there was a new Director with a history of sending crooked pols to jail presiding over the tripling of the FBI's public corruption division's budget?

I think everybody could get behind that, don't you? I'd much enjoy seeing a few of these corrupted people who sell their public office to the highest bidder do a perp walk twice a week and once on Sunday, wouldn't anyone?

The president has vast executive powers thanks to Dick Cheney's fetish for an Imperial Presidency. People of principle on the left and right warned at the time that those who failed to resist it would come to regret their ennui in time. I suppose those newly conscious might feign shock while the pathologically cynical clutch their pearls as amnesia erases their memory.

But we should laugh in their faces if God willing we long suffering Americans at last have the chance to do so.
                                Last edited by Woodsman; October 24, 2016, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X