Rate News threads!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate News threads!

As the News forum is most frequently updated, we've added a voting system to help members quickly identify which are the most worth reading.

If you like a thread, click on the thumbs-up icon. If you don't like it, click on the thumbs down. You can rate your own thread. Votes are anon.
    Last edited by FRED; August 03, 2007, 05:51 AM.
    Ed.

Re: Rate News threads!

Originally posted by Fred View Post
    As the News forum is most frequently updated, we've added a voting system to help members quickly identify which are the most worth reading.

If you like a thread, click on the thumbs-up icon. If you don't like it, click on the thumbs down. You can rate your own thread. Votes are anon.
    Is it possible to list threads chronologically? When I go to News, I usually want to read the latest. It's hard to find them in the sequence that comes up by default.
    Finster

Comment

Originally posted by Finster View Post
      Is it possible to list threads chronologically? When I go to News, I usually want to read the latest. It's hard to find them in the sequence that comes up by default.
      Would it be possible to uprate posts. I agree with this one.

I'd like to have them chronological as well, but would it be by the initial date the thread started or by most recent post?

Comment

this has bothered me as well. most other forums on the internet always the threads with most recent posts at the top

but i think this forum works the same, except the thread ratings take priority. so you will see all threads rated 4 stars at the top, with the 4star threads with most recent posts at the top of that group, followed by 3star threads, etc. i dont really like that way of doing it

Comment

Originally posted by mikew View Post
          this has bothered me as well. most other forums on the internet always the threads with most recent posts at the top

but i think this forum works the same, except the thread ratings take priority. so you will see all threads rated 4 stars at the top, with the 4star threads with most recent posts at the top of that group, followed by 3star threads, etc. i dont really like that way of doing it
          Ditto. It's a self-perpetuating feedback mechanism. Something that doesn't already have stars is less likely to be noticed in the first place. I put up a new thread calling attention to the Fed's discount rate cut moments after it occured this morning. It can't be just me that thought that was Big News. Yet coming back a few minutes later I could hardly even find it.
          Finster

Comment

Ditto. It's a self-perpetuating feedback mechanism. Something that doesn't already have stars is less likely to be noticed in the first place. I put up a new thread calling attention to the Fed's discount rate cut moments after it occured this morning. It can't be just me that thought that was Big News. Yet coming back a few minutes later I could hardly even find it.
            As you wish, gents. tDigg has been turned off.
            Ed.

Comment

nice thanks

Comment

Bless you!
                Finster

Comment

Much better. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Andreuccio View Post
                    Much better. Thanks.
                    Wow. Great feedback, guys. We should screw up the forums and then fix them more often.

Seriously, it was an experiment that didn't work. Well, back to doing the stuff you guys have actually asked for.
                    Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
                      Well, back to doing the stuff you guys have actually asked for.
                      If we can just ask for stuff, how 'bout some dancing girls?:cool:

Comment

Working...
                      X