Woman's Liberation as a Power Elite Promotion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman's Liberation as a Power Elite Promotion

Interesting analysis from The Daily Bell.

Free-Market Analysis: The liberation of women is in our opinion another dominant social theme, one of the longest running of the power elite's promotions. The real push for women to become part of the work force happened in the 20th century. Not surprisingly, this was the century that saw the imposition of full-fledged central banking around the world. At the beginning of the 20th century, it was still culturally a problem for women to work, but the power elite promotion was launched to make women "modern" and it is still ongoing.

If you want to implement global governance, you need to break down the family unit as much as possible. Nothing can stand in the way of the state. From the power elite's standpoint, getting women into the workplace in the name of "equality" solved a lot of problems at once. It left children parentless during much of the day, so that the state itself could take over childcare. And without the firm guidance of the full family, many children, especially girls, became much more promiscuous at an early age which also contributed to a fracturing of private culture.

Giving women a sense of employment empowerment also contributed to the divorce-rate as women were more likely to utilize state-provided divorce proceedings that were for the most part favorable to them and therefore facilitated the family break up. But the real reason, in our opinion, that woman's liberation is a power-elite promotion, and a very long-running one, has to do with central banking. The erosion of fiat money earning meant inevitably that to keep up there would have to be more than one wage earner in the household. Woman's liberation was promoted, in our opinion, as a way of making it culturally acceptable for women to work - so as to conceal the degradation of the currency.

http://www.thedailybell.com/717/Wome...y-Workers.html
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho

Re: Woman's Liberation as a Power Elite Promotion

I had previously resisted watching this Aaron Russo interview due to the Alex Jones connection , then , a few months back , someone I respect emailed the link along with his recommendation. It is with a degree of apprehension that I post this , and unlike myself , I hope that others will take the time to read/watch before passing judgement....if interested.

This is all about Russo and his revelations...not Jones.

Please take it for whatever it's worth , and thanks for your courtesy.

Reflections And Warnings - An Interview With Aaron Russo

Excerpt:

In a later conversation, Rockefeller asked Russo what he thought women's liberation was about. Russo's response that he thought it was about the right to work and receive equal pay as men, just as they had won the right to vote, caused Rockefeller to laughingly retort, "You're an idiot! Let me tell you what that was about, we the Rockefeller's funded that, we funded women's lib, we're the one's who got all of the newspapers and television - the Rockefeller Foundation."

Full Text

Comment

As G.K. Chesterton quipped in the early part of the 20th century, regarding the woman's lib:

"Twenty million young women rose to their feet with the cry, 'We will not be dictated to,' and promptly became stenographers."

He also observed that a woman being able to stay at home and raise a family is actually a more broad and free life vs the man who must specialize in a narrow profession and report to "bosses".

Comment

Originally posted by Master Shake View Post
        Interesting analysis from The Daily Bell.

Free-Market Analysis: The liberation of women is in our opinion another dominant social theme, one of the longest running of the power elite's promotions. The real push for women to become part of the work force happened in the 20th century. Not surprisingly, this was the century that saw the imposition of full-fledged central banking around the world. At the beginning of the 20th century, it was still culturally a problem for women to work, but the power elite promotion was launched to make women "modern" and it is still ongoing.

If you want to implement global governance, you need to break down the family unit as much as possible. Nothing can stand in the way of the state. From the power elite's standpoint, getting women into the workplace in the name of "equality" solved a lot of problems at once. It left children parentless during much of the day, so that the state itself could take over childcare. And without the firm guidance of the full family, many children, especially girls, became much more promiscuous at an early age which also contributed to a fracturing of private culture.

Giving women a sense of employment empowerment also contributed to the divorce-rate as women were more likely to utilize state-provided divorce proceedings that were for the most part favorable to them and therefore facilitated the family break up. But the real reason, in our opinion, that woman's liberation is a power-elite promotion, and a very long-running one, has to do with central banking. The erosion of fiat money earning meant inevitably that to keep up there would have to be more than one wage earner in the household. Woman's liberation was promoted, in our opinion, as a way of making it culturally acceptable for women to work - so as to conceal the degradation of the currency.

http://www.thedailybell.com/717/Wome...y-Workers.html
        Out of all the failures of liberalism, none are easier to quickly dismiss than this. Living in New York City gives a man of character an excellent opportunity to observe this cultural dysfunction, but also a rake fertile ground upon which to ply his trade.

Rather than descend into a rant, I will say that modern feminism has resulted in many unhappy women. Most are emotionally broken, their souls conflicted between the impossible dream of being a mother, being glamorous, and being successful.

In the event our corrupt democratic regime collapses, I imagine women will be the first to support a new paradigm that places significant weight on the value of motherhood. You'd be surprised how many attractive, successful women are quite enthralled with my own calls for the abolition of democracy and the establishment of an authoritarian aristocracy.

Feminism surely has made played a major role in our present troubles, but it is an easy problem to solve. Fear not.

Comment

You'd be surprised how many attractive, successful women are quite enthralled with my own calls for the abolition of democracy and the establishment of an authoritarian aristocracy.
          "I believe in equal right for everyone according to their circumstances....Women do have rights, but they are based on our view of their obligations in life." --Dr. Saleh al-Sheikh, the minister for Islamic affairs in Saudi Arabia.
          Although women make up 70% of those enrolled in universities, women make up just 7% of the workforce in Saudi Arabia, the lowest proportion in the world.
          Currently, women are not banned from employment, however they are not allowed to work in a mixed sex workplace. The permission for a woman to go out of her house for work, is subject to other conditions. These include:
          1. The woman should need to work in order to acquire money she needs.
          2. The work should be in a place that is only for women, and there should be no interaction with non-mahram men, such as if she works in teaching girls, whether in administration or technical support.
          3. The work should be suited to the woman's body physique and mentality.
          4. It should not lead to her neglecting her household duties.
          5. Her work should not lead to her traveling without a close male relative.
          6. Women are allowed to work with their husbands' permission only.

It is not considered permissible for women to be appointed as judges. Positions of high public office are also reserved for men.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%2...n_Saudi_Arabia

Comment

Originally posted by Serge_Tomiko View Post
            'd be surprised how many attractive, successful women are quite enthralled with my own calls for the abolition of democracy and the establishment of an authoritarian aristocracy.
            Is that before or after you get them blathering drunk at the Malthusian shin dings which your previous posts suggest you might attend?
            Last edited by Diarmuid; January 08, 2010, 02:48 PM.
            "that each simple substance has relations which express all the others"

Comment

I am disturbed by the revelation of this Mr. Aaron Russo in "thisandthat.nowandth" link. I want to know more about his credentials. is he a reliable person with elvel head or a propagandist ?

Comment

Originally posted by sishya View Post
                I am disturbed by the revelation of this Mr. Aaron Russo in "thisandthat.nowandth" link. I want to know more about his credentials. is he a reliable person with elvel head or a propagandist ?
                russo... solid 9 on the 1 - 10 fruitcake scale...

Comment

equal rights for women is an elitist plot!

git back in the goddamn kitchen, woman!

pop us out some babies & stay home to take care of them!

msg brought to you by.... thedailybonehead.com.

Comment

As someone who aspires to a high metalman fruitcake rating, my guess is that Mr. Russo is about right. The women's liberation movement, along with other well thought of movements such as those for the environment or against war or against "terrorists" have been largely co-opted by elitists.

I have no direct knowledge on Mr. Russo however.
                    Most folks are good; a few aren't.

Comment

I know nothing about Russo other then he made a few horrible films, although I would not be going to Wikipedia for a biography of the man, as for the topics broached in this thread I would say the quote below is a truism whether some, all of the consequences of the method and transformation are intentional or unintended is another thing;
                      No extension of capital is possible without the transformation of man.
                      "Economics are the method, the object the soul."
                      http://itulip.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13499
                      Last edited by Diarmuid; January 09, 2010, 01:31 AM. Reason: clarification
                      "that each simple substance has relations which express all the others"

Comment

Originally posted by metalman View Post
                        equal rights for women is an elitist plot!

git back in the goddamn kitchen, woman!

pop us out some babies & stay home to take care of them!

msg brought to you by.... thedailybonehead.com.

I blame the toxic mortgage fiasco entirely on woman's liberation...completely.

Once women were allowed to earn their own income dangerous things happened. For one thing, the only voice of economic reason in the family was removed and sent off to an office every day. Even worse, although it took decades, eventually TPTB managed to dumb women down to the same level as us men, and they too started to believe that all that mattered was "making the monthly payment".

It's just too bad that the monthly-paycheque-funded object of desire for them was a new house, instead of something really useful like a new dirt bike, a bigger beer fridge, or a power boat. Maybe we just need to be patient for another decade or so?

Comment

Finally, somone challenges some of the above stupid posts, even if it's via sarcasm.

Men and women are human beings first and foremost, who seek and strive for a life that will make them happy. And because each person is unique, what fulfills each person is unique. There is no cookie cutter life style that works for all men or all women and as some of the above posts imply. That a highly regimented, specific type of life style and choices are imposed on men and women in some cultures does not make that the optimal solution. How many Westerners have chosen to spend a lifetime living in Saudi Arabia and adhering to their customs and values, where separation of sexes and what constitutes the appropriate sphere for each is taken to the extreme?

Isn't America and the Enlightenment about freedom of choice, for each person? Libertarianism is sympathetic to that view also. NO ONE has the right to decide the appropriate life choices for another, as some of above posters seem to infer. How do they know what is the right choice for any man or woman and what gives them the right to make that judgement? Have they polled each man and woman in the world, so as to make blanket statements about what they want? I don't think so.

Today, it is more difficult for the average American family than it was 50 years ago. Particularly in lower middle and lower classes, both spouses often have to work. Many of those families would undoubtedly prefer that Mom or Dad could stay home with the children, particularly when they are small. It is the U.S. political economy that has made this difficult for them, because, income and wealth have been re-distributed upward to top 5% over last 50 years.

It has nothing to do with Women's Liberation. Our politicians and corporate leaders could have made choices over the last 50 years that force both parents to work. Expensive medical costs and insurance. Abysmal and unpaid maternity leave policies compared to rest of first world, where maternity leave is often much longer and fully paid for. A housing bubble that made housing more expensive. Off-shoring of factories and other jobs, so that jobs available to majority of Americans often pay less than the jobs that left country. etc. etc.

Comment

You are absolutely right.

However, Russo could well be misinterpreting what he came to hear. It is quite likely, that the Rockefeller Foundation was engaging in popularizing the concepts of women's rights and equality throughout the 1950s, 60s and 70s -- not from any nefarious intentions, but because it was something to aspire for.

However, there probably were some unintended consequences of those efforts. A sudden increase in labor force, and competition for jobs -- weakening the labor unions, and driving down the wages.

Comment

Maybe a question of equal value is whether or not one considers Jay Rockefeller a propagandist ? Another question I can't answer. I simply recognized a parallel between Russo's claim and the opening post with respect to the genesis of the WLM. Just more grist for the noggin should one decide it's worth grinding it out.

Regarding Russo's other revelations such as the WTC affair , all I can say is the foiled underwear attack makes for an interesting juxtaposition. In terms of both competence and sophistication , it was certainly more in-keeping with my expectations for a relatively small , beleaguered band of militants roaming from cave-to-cave , or in this case , house-to-house by cover of Yemeni nightfall....

even when OBL

was still alive :eek:

-Joaquin-

Comment

Working...
                              X