No announcement yet.

The jobs recession is here: Time to get to work - Janszen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The jobs recession is here. Time to get to work.

Originally posted by Jay View Post
    Well, at least it isn't solar eclipses and the occult.;)
    Jay,

It is all about the information. ;)

-Sapiens

P.S. Hidden in plain sight. :cool:

Comment

Jay,

The only country in Central America with just a Pacific coast is El Salvador. As for South America, the clue narrows one down to just three countries, Ecuador, Peru, Chile.
      Greg

Comment

Originally posted by BiscayneSunrise View Post
        Jay,

The only country in Central America with just a Pacific coast is El Salvador. As for South America, the clue narrows one down to just three countries, Ecuador, Peru, Chile.
        Adam West: El Salvador, Ecuador, Peru, Chile.... it's a clue!
        Burt Ward: We have to hurry Batman, or Sapiens will press the doomsday button!
        Adam West: Ecuador, Equador, equator! Robin, what's the equator of Gotham?
        Burt Ward: The Gordon Beltline Expressway!
        Adam West: And who serves the best chili in town?
        Burt Ward: Of course, Sal & Pero's Chili Hut on the beltline!
        Adam West: To the batmobile!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
          Damn, I don't want the Hardy Boys, I want it served up to me on a silver platter!

The Economic Review... I don't want to slog through that, my brain is already cooked from this place. Well, at least it isn't solar eclipses and the occult.;)
          C'mon, Jay. The article's all of 3 paragraphs, plus a concluding sentence. The title's even shorter than that. You're a bright fellow. You can do this.

Comment

Originally posted by FRED View Post
            Going into it in each piece distracts from the main point, and anyway readers don't really want to think about it.
            Actually, there are readers here, that only come to iTulip to think about it. I've found the comments on this thread illuminating. JK's observations, Bart's chart, Sapiens reference to, I assume, to the 21st Century version of the Chicago School of Economic fascism and EJs somewhat depressing reality check for employees in the US for the next few years. Never under estimate your readership or your subscribers willingness to bring your new readership up to speed.

Comment

Originally posted by bart View Post
              I've just created a new chart with the normal U-3 rate, and replaced my original post with it... and hopefully that won't make it even more confusing.
              Bart, I prefer my charts with all new hip hop lies or old school lies. When you mix them, I get very confused. Please compartmentalize all your graphical depictions of government fairy tales in the future. Thanks.

Comment

Re: The jobs recession is here: Time to get to work - Janszen

Does anyone know what codec is needed to play the iTulip Any Media Player? I thought I had every codec in existence but the Steven Keene interview freezes both FireFox and Internet Explorer on more than one computer that I've tried it on. It initially asks for quicktime which I have but then freezes.. ????

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Mackay View Post
                  Does anyone know what codec is needed to play the iTulip Any Media Player? I thought I had every codec in existence but the Steven Keene interview freezes both FireFox and Internet Explorer on more than one computer that I've tried it on. It initially asks for quicktime which I have but then freezes.. ????
                  Same thing happens to me running Windows XP, IE and Media player - The Keen thread freezes as soon as it opens.

Comment

Originally posted by santafe2 View Post
                    Actually, there are readers here, that only come to iTulip to think about it. I've found the comments on this thread illuminating. JK's observations, Bart's chart, Sapiens reference to, I assume, to the 21st Century version of the Chicago School of Economic fascism and EJs somewhat depressing reality check for employees in the US for the next few years. Never under estimate your readership or your subscribers willingness to bring your new readership up to speed.
                    Exactly my point. My comment was that the addition of the comments by bart, JK, et al is exactly the right way to introduce guests to iTulip concepts rather than by EJ putting them in the main body of the articles. Remember that the ratio of readers as iTulip members who are familiar with these concepts to guests who may not be is typically 400:1. Thanks again.
                    Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by babbittd View Post
                      Same thing happens to me running Windows XP, IE and Media player - The Keen thread freezes as soon as it opens.
                      I should also note that my machines are running XP

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Mackay View Post
                        I should also note that my machines are running XP
                        it's broken.

Comment

Originally posted by metalman View Post
                          it's broken.
                          Thanks for letting me know, guys. Uploaded as a WMV file. Try it now.
                          Ed.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know, guys. Uploaded as a WMV file. Try it now.
                            Thanks, it works now!

Wasn't EJ's interview of Keen going to be posted at the end of the week?

Comment

Exactly my point. My comment was that the addition of the comments by bart, JK, et al is exactly the right way to introduce guests to iTulip concepts rather than by EJ putting them in the main body of the articles. Remember that the ratio of readers as iTulip members who are familiar with these concepts to guests who may not be is typically 400:1. Thanks again.
                              Shouldn't it be 1:400, not 400:1?

Comment

Originally posted by Andreuccio View Post
                                C'mon, Jay. The article's all of 3 paragraphs, plus a concluding sentence. The title's even shorter than that. You're a bright fellow. You can do this.
                                Actually, that sucker was 17 pages when downloaded. I just read the punch lines. Come on, I have a young family and pregnant wife! (And work ain't no cake walk right now.) I want it all packaged with a bow. Do you know how many crazy tomes Sapiens recommends? Hee-hee.

I won't even go into what trying to keep up with Rajiv's stuff is doing to my life at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X