Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Trump to Win?

Originally posted by gwynedd1 View Post
    I guess I have to say I don't know what the hell you are talking about again. HRC is certainly outside the law. What is protecting her is the Administration who will not prosecute. All Trump has to do is apply the law. This may impact much more than just her. Of course if its too broad then Congress would resist.If ordinary Americans are being jailed for J walking , and political elites are not, that all he needs, and its all the political class needs to be entirely against him. Think of a Julius II who traded in a currency very different than a Borgia.
    I'm just trying to figure out what you meant by this:

Working with congress is not relevant. All he can really do is expose it or threaten to expose it. If he gets in he has the FBI. He could then unleash hell on Congress.
    Are you talking about sting operations on congress, like ABSCAM?

Please keep it realistic, because I'm really trying to understand what you mean by "unleash hell." No J-walking favors are gong to get Congress to sign off on term limit legislation or limiting the lobbying options of former congressional officers.

Comment

Originally posted by bpr View Post

Please keep it realistic, because I'm really trying to understand what you mean by "unleash hell." No J-walking favors are gong to get Congress to sign off on term limit legislation or limiting the lobbying options of former congressional officers.
      ABSCAM seems like a great model. And the methodology that shot down this Top Gun, too.

I think a Trump victory would swell the ranks of the Term Limits caucus, but likely only after a fair number of them are term limited via election come the next cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodsman View Post
        ABSCAM seems like a great model. And the methodology that shot down this Top Gun, too.
        There we go, I can get behind that kind of law and order solution to the problem. Now, wasn't that easy?

I think a Trump victory would swell the ranks of the Term Limits caucus, but likely only after a fair number of them are term limited via election come the next cycle.
        Didn't even know about this, thanks.

Comment

There is nothing to understand. Its like 55 MPH zone with everyone doing 75MPH. All Trump has to do is bring in the 55 MPH sign to Congress.

Comment

accidental dup.

Comment

...Now, wasn't that easy?
              No, I wouldn't call it that. I wouldn't call it over either, but I'm weird like that.

MAGA! GO TRUMP!
              MAGA!

MAGA! GO TRUMP! MAGA!

Comment

There is nothing to understand. Its like 55 MPH zone with everyone doing 75MPH. All Trump has to do is bring in the 55 MPH sign to Congress.
                Maybe I'm just obtuse but I don't get your metaphors.

No, I wouldn't call it that. I wouldn't call it over either, but I'm weird like that.
                I'm not here to pick fights, just to get some kind of understanding. Common ground is progress, IMO. But I'm weird like that.

Comment

Trump may win more black votes than any Republican since 1960:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016...te-since-1960/

Comment

Even Michael Moore gets it! Guess it's not so surprising, given his start with Roger and Me.
                    (Found on Zerohedge, no source link provided)

I know a lot of people in Michigan that are planning to vote for Trump and they don't necessarily agree with him. They're not racist or redneck, they're actually pretty decent people and so after talking to a number of them I wanted to write this.

Donald Trump came to the Detroit Economic Club and stood there in front of Ford Motor executives and said "if you close these factories as you're planning to do in Detroit and build them in Mexico, I'm going to put a 35% tariff on those cars when you send them back and nobody's going to buy them." It was an amazing thing to see. No politician, Republican or Democrat, had ever said anything like that to these executives, and it was music to the ears of people in Michigan and Ohio and Pennsylvania and Wisconsin - the "Brexit" states.

You live here in Ohio, you know what I'm talking about. Whether Trump means it or not, is kind of irrelevant because he's saying the things to people who are hurting, and that's why every beaten-down, nameless, forgotten working stiff who used to be part of what was called the middle class loves Trump. He is the human Molotov Cocktail that they've been waiting for; the human hand grande that they can legally throw into the system that stole their lives from them. And on November 8, although they lost their jobs, although they've been foreclose on by the bank, next came the divorce and now the wife and kids are gone, the car's been repoed, they haven't had a real vacation in years, they're stuck with the shitty Obamacare bronze plan where you can't even get a ******* percocet, they've essentially lost everything they had except one thing - the one thing that doesn't cost them a cent and is guaranteed to them by the American constitution: the right to vote.

They might be penniless, they might be homeless, they might be fucked over and fucked up it doesn't matter, because it's equalized on that day - a millionaire has the same number of votes as the person without a job: one. And there's more of the former middle class than there are in the millionaire class. So on November 8 the dispossessed will walk into the voting booth, be handed a ballot, close the curtain, and take that lever or felt pen or touchscreen and put a big ******* X in the box by the name of the man who has threatened to upend and overturn the very system that has ruined their lives: Donald J Trump.

They see that the elite who ruined their lives hate Trump. Corporate America hates Trump. Wall Street hates Trump. The career politicians hate Trump. The media hates Trump, after they loved him and created him, and now hate. Thank you media: the enemy of my enemy is who I'm voting for on November 8.

Yes, on November 8, you Joe Blow, Steve Blow, Bob Blow, Billy Blow, all the Blows get to go and blow up the whole goddamn system because it's your right. Trump's election is going to be the biggest fuck ever recorded in human history and it will feel good.

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

Originally posted by shiny! View Post
                      Even Michael Moore gets it! Guess it's not so surprising, given his start with Roger and Me.
                      (Found on Zerohedge, no source link provided)
                      he's a real double-edge'r he is...

on the one hand he's expressing why most of The Rest of US (not part of his/their club, thats for damn sure)
                      have developed a visceral hatred of the political class - mostly since the 90's, i would add - as they are the most visible of 'targets'

vs his/their - and the hillamonster's - their primary benefactors and largest campaign contributors
                      have been able to just walk away from the biggest criminal 'fuck job' - as he puts it - in world history.

its just typical of douchebags like moore to 'be with her', even as he/they/she shits on The Rest of US,
                      with their flippant comments about 'the deplorables' - that is, like... you know

THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY STILL WORK IN 'the productive' ECONOMY

vs them in the 'entertainment' industry - which, by the way - is DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for ALL of the
                      'sexist' 'misogynistic' 'violence/war on women' they so eloquently describe as 'whats wrong with america'
                      while at same time pillory trump for TALKING ABOUT 'grabbing pussy' ?

AS IF none of them... snort... heh...
                      in the 'entertainment' industry have ever used that term before?
                      AS IF none of them have ever actually/physically sexually assaulted women (never mind boys or men...)

HELL THEY'VE MADE MILLIONS SHOWING THEIR MOVIES ON PRIMETIME TV FER CHRISAKES!

and we wont even get into what hill's 'husband' has been getting away with ALL THESE DECADES.

while assholes like moore, et al LOOK THE OTHER WAY while they dump on trump?

H Y P O C R I S Y

writ 'yuuuuge'

Originally posted by moore via ZH
                      They see that the elite who ruined their lives hate Trump. Corporate America hates Trump. Wall Street hates Trump. The career politicians hate Trump. The media hates Trump, after they loved him and created him, and now hate. Thank you media: the enemy of my enemy is who I'm voting for on November 8.

Yes, on November 8, you Joe Blow, Steve Blow, Bob Blow, Billy Blow, all the Blows get to go and blow up the whole goddamn system because it's your right. Trump's election is going to be the biggest fuck ever recorded in human history and it will feel good.
                      oh...
                      yeah, forgot this little tidbit about how 'not rigged' the elections really are...

Soros Expects "Landslide Popular Vote Victory" For Trump But President Clinton Is A "Done Deal"

"it's all going to lead to a landslide victory for Donald Trump... in the popular vote.... not in the electoral vote because they're paid political elements/announcers will have a big role... we are a small minority of extremists and we are moving it in that direction, I don't think Donald Trump has any chance of being elected [but Hillary Clinton is a 'done deal'?] yes."
                      • Oct 25, 2016 10:10 PM
                      and here's a bit of an expansion on the themes - or memes anyway - that moore is really getting at, while he/they/she dumps on trump and The Rest of US

its also HILARIOUS in that it's mostly been the obozo+hillbilly show thats created the current nightmare fka The USA, Land of The Free and Home of The Brave - who now cowers in their 'safe places' when they feel 'micro-aggressed' or 'disenfranchised'
                      (that is, when they arent turning and burning cars and their own neighborhoods, shooting their own cousins, along with cops and innocent bystanders)

with quite a bit of help - ala WAG THE DOG style - by the hollyweird douchebags that are mostly 'all-in with her'

How Half Of America Lost Its F**king Mind

It really does feel like the worst of both worlds: all the ravages of poverty, but none of the sympathy. "Blacks burn police cars, and those liberal elites say it's not their fault because they're poor. My son gets jailed and fired over a baggie of meth, and those same elites make jokes about his missing teeth!" You're everyone's punching bag, one of society's last remaining safe comedy targets.
                      • Oct 25, 2016 10:35 PM
                      /mode=rant+dripping_sarc
                      Last edited by lektrode; October 25, 2016, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shiny! View Post
                        The Zerohedge article, like most of what they publish is a bit slanted. While I haven't seen the movie, I think much, or all, of this dialog is from his movie Trumpland. Trumpland, while sympathetic to his peeps in Michigan, is a condemnation of Trump.

Here's a review that offers a more accurate interpretation of his views.

Review: ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand’ Is Barely a Movie, But It Makes a Strong Humanist Case for Hillary Clinton

Michael Moore's latest project is more of a stunt than it is a movie, but the blue-collar polemicist makes a strong case for our first female President.

Michael Moore is ******* terrified.

He knows that Hillary Clinton is way up in the polls, but he remembers the huge lead she had in the polls on the morning of the Michigan primary earlier this year, a primary that she ultimately lost to Bernie Sanders. He knows that it’s going to be difficult for Donald J. Trump to be elected President with such a small percentage of the female vote — and the black vote, and the brown vote, and the Asian vote, and the gay vote, and the Jewish vote, and the college-educated vote and the cuck vote — but he was shaken to his core by the summer’s Brexit referendum, and he strongly believes that any Democrats who are already dancing in the end zone are doing their part to help usher America’s whiniest billionaire into the Oval Office. He was a Bernie supporter from day one, but he knows what’s at stake, and he’s afraid the rest of us might be growing complacent.

So he made a movie.

More accurately, he recorded a one-man show, and is using his cultural cachet to sneak the results into movie theaters Beyoncé-style as a true October surprise. Filmed at a small theatre in the Republican-leaning city of Wilmington, Ohio (where “Trump voters welcome” was written across the marquee), “Michael Moore in TrumpLand” is both a speech and a sideshow, a glorified Ted Talk with audience participation and some mercifully infrequent visual aids. Fearless and folksy as always, the blue-collar humanist plants his flag deep in the clogged arteries of the American heartland, trying to level with people on both sides of the aisle. “I am not a Hillary voter!” Moore announces to scattered applause, though it’s clear that he’s imminently about to become one.

He speaks to the frustrations of middle class workers, and he sympathizes with why they might be seduced by Trump’s empty promises. He speaks to the frustrations of the #BernieOrBust faction, and reminds them that revolution has to be put on hold until November 9. Most of all he speaks to the men in the room, and — in the most impassioned and convincing part of the film — he implores them to recognize that it’s high time for a woman to take the reigns. “You can hate Hillary Clinton,” he declares to the appreciably diverse crowd, “but make a sacrifice for your country and vote for her on November 8.”

Moore’s performance was captured only 11 days ago, which feels remarkable until you remember that — in this dystopian nightmare of an election cycle — 11 days is long enough to die 1,000 deaths. 11 days ago, Billy Bush was still an American hero. 11 days ago, Texas was still a red state. 11 days ago, Trump still liked “Saturday Night Live.” Before the movie, you think: “How did Moore make this so quickly?” During the movie, which is so flatly shot that it makes Spalding Gray look like Steven Spielberg, you think: “What the hell took him so long?” It never feels particularly out of date (Trump was a narcissistically cartoonish threat to our democracy last week, and he’ll be a narcissistically cartoonish threat to our democracy next week, too), but it’s hard to imagine what value something like this might have 20 days from now.

Film reviews are often written in the present tense, but “TrumpLand” is fixedly anchored to October 18, 2016, the night of its pop-up premiere at Manhattan’s IFC Center. This is a movie that is at the absolute forefront of the American conversation right now, and one that — in less than three weeks time from today’s date — will feel like ancient history. On October 7, it was a live show, on October 18 (and for the next few days), it will be a rousing piece of liberal propaganda, and then on the night of November 9, it will petrify into something else for all eternity. Worst case scenario, the film will endure as a cautionary tale; best case scenario, it will survive as a time capsule of our country at one of its darkest moments. How bizarre that Moore isn’t capitalizing on the immediacy of his film and releasing it online; perhaps he’s too much of a ringmaster to feel comfortable without a circus

Either way, “TrumpLand” won’t be remembered as a great comedy. Moore’s aw-shucks brand of political sarcasm is best served with a healthy dose of righteous anger (it’s no accident that “Bowling for Columbine” and “Sicko” are his funniest films), and while his decision to cut Trump out of the conversation allows him to make a more direct appeal to the most vulnerable voters, it certainly dulls the knife he always uses to cut into the greed and cynicism that has crusted around the country he loves.

It’s easy to appreciate how this election has made things difficult for political comedians: Hillary Clinton isn’t funny, and Donald Trump is producing his own bloated farce on a daily basis. But Moore’s premeditated attempts to wring some laughs out of this category 5 shitstorm are so half-assed that you wish he hadn’t bothered (the most egregious being a video sketch that imagines what TV news might look like on the day of Trump’s inauguration). It’s as though he realized that the film could have been just as successful as a podcast, and compensated for that fact by shoehorning in some needless visual razzmatazz.

On the contrary, what little visual comedy there is to be found here all comes from the audience. “TrumpLand” is peppered with evocative, hilarious and brilliantly timed reaction shots, each of which rewards Moore’s decision to fill the room with such a diverse cross-section of his fellow Americans (pockets of Mexican and Muslim-Americans — likely actors who have been hired for the occasion — are cordoned off in their own balconies). And Moore never loses sight of his target audience. This is not a film for people who see Trump as a dangerous conman who has nothing but contempt for the voters he might sucker into his corner, nor is it a film for people who spend their days spamming Jewish Twitter users with Holocaust-themed images of Pepe the Frog.

No, “TrumpLand” is targeted directly at the millions of Americans who have been screwed over for far too long, and see a self-destructive caricature like Trump as a repository for their honest frustrations; it’s targeted at the millions of Americans who are decent and desperate. And it appeals to the coveted Ken Bone demographic with the respect that so many of us struggle to conjure for them, mansplaining a feminist tale of hope, truth and possibility. Moore leverages his love-hate relationship with Hillary into a broadly accessible internal dilemma — after inviting and lightly dismissing some of the audience’s anti-Clinton talking points, he paves over the potholes by waxing poetic about the candidate’s long history of being “One hot, feminist, shit-kicking babe.”

He talks about the strength she’s always exhibited, the force of will she’s always shown in a world where women are so often silenced. He talks about her failed attempts to bring universal healthcare to this country, and how she’s never resigned to the arbitrary obstacles that people have thrown in her path. He argues that the future is female (“Women generally don’t shoot you unless you deserve it”), and — in the film’s most powerful moment — he proves his point by playing some tape from one woman’s past. Listening to the 1969 commencement address she gave to her graduating class at Wellesley College, it’s almost impossible for any rational person not to appreciate that Hillary Clinton has lived her life in service to this country, and genuinely wants to leave it in a better place than she found it. She truly gives a shit, and that’s saying a lot, these days.

“We’re all Americans,” Moore declares, “We sink or swim together. And I’d rather swim.” Hillary may not be the lifeboat you want, but she’s the lifeboat we’ve got, and there’s enough room on board for everybody.

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/10/mic...mp-1201738161/

Comment

We're good!

Comment

This probably blocked in the states, but it works over here...

http://putlocker-hd.tv/watch-michael...free-putlocker

Comment

Originally posted by Thailandnotes View Post
                              This probably blocked in the states, but it works over here...

http://putlocker-hd.tv/watch-michael...free-putlocker
                              Nope, thanks for the link.

Comment

Originally posted by santafe2 View Post
                                The Zerohedge article, like most of what they publish is a bit slanted. While I haven't seen the movie, I think much, or all, of this dialog is from his movie Trumpland. Trumpland, while sympathetic to his peeps in Michigan, is a condemnation of Trump.

Here's a review that offers a more accurate interpretation of his views....
                                http://www.indiewire.com/2016/10/mic...mp-1201738161/

AS IF
                                nothing about this 'review' is slanted?

AS IF nothing puking forth daily from the rest of the LAMERSTREAM MEDIA is slanted?

this 'review' is nothing more than a WAG THE DOG slantarama

meanwhile the entire 'establishment' is petrified of trump?
                                that's just a small indicator of just how far gone - down into the rabbit hole - the entire beltway clusterfuck has sunk.

TO HELL WITH THIS 'election'
                                which has been so thoroughly 'fixed' by THEM in the media, of which moore himself is a major player in
                                (even if so self-ascribed) as to have already nullified itself!

WE, The People - The Rest of US Demand a

CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION

with the first item on The Agenda:

term limits. (and save the bullshit apologist excuses on why they shouldnt be term limited, its purely advocating for the 'status quo' which is KILLING this country along with We, The People)

with a 90% tax on ALL INCOME received by the political class, over and above their 'base income+wealth'
                                at the time of their election to federal office

why?
                                because that income is NOT THEIRS, as they've 'earned' it (more like STOLEN it)
                                by SELLING access to THE OFFICE

and that 'office' IS NOT THEIRS TO SELL!

therefore, that 'income' (to those who enter politix as 'working class', yet leave MILLIONAIRES)
                                shall be taxed at 90%, for the rest of their 'careers'

and once out of office, ALL BENEFITS OF THAT OFFICE SHALL TERMINATE
                                no gold plated retirement package, NO GOLD PLATED MEDICAL PLANS.

they should also pay into social 'security' on 100% of their incomes, NOT the first 115k

that would FORCE THEM TO FIX social 'security'

Comment

Working...
                                X